Glenn Beck said the Walt Disney Company has not had a successful new idea in nearly 50 years and is “ripe for the picking” to be replaced by a competitor — and that competitor might be him.
“It’s rotted fruit,” Beck said on his radio program Wednesday. “They’re rotting it from the inside … Disney hasn’t had an original idea since 1965 or ’66.”
Beck said that while Disney has had successful ventures, they were not Disney creations. “The Avengers,” for instance, was a smash success, but was based on the Marvel comics.
“Before, it was a dream. Then [former Disney chief executive Michael Eisner] said, ‘We’re a company. We’re a movie-making company.’”
Beck said Disney is “hollowing out everything” and that “Disney as you know it is over … they just don’t know it yet.”
He specifically referenced the allegation that the company is lessening the overtly Christian essay “One Solitary Life,” from its parks’ “Candlelight Processional,” where it has been read since 1976.
“It hasn’t caught up with them,” Beck said. “Somebody is going to build a new park. Somebody is going to start making new movies. Somebody is going to challenge them for this title.”
“Who has the balls to do that now, that has the resources to do that now?” Beck asked. “That’s the key. Who has the resources to do that, the balls to do that, and the vision?”
Beck said his company has the gumption, but he doesn’t know if it has the vision or the resources.
“But I’ll tell you this: I’m going to die trying because I think it’s takeable,” he said. “I think it’s gettable … I hope there’s 20 other people out there trying to do the same thing, because it’s gettable. Because I don’t trust the Disney brand anymore. I know a lot of people that don’t trust the Disney brand anymore.”
The full episode of The Glenn Beck Program, along with many other live streaming shows and thousands of hours of on-demand content, is available on just about any digital device. Get it all with a FREE TRIAL.
Other Must-Read Stories:
- Is Disney Really Diminishing Jesus’ Importance in Its Annual Christmas Show?
- ‘It’s His Lifelong Passion’: Beck Weighs in on One Significant Detail You May Have Missed in Obama’s Race-Relations Speech
- Mike Rowe on How Many Are Following the ‘Worst Advice in the History of the World’
- ‘Dictatorship 101′: Beck’s Chilling Breakdown of What Parent Arrested After Questioning Common Core Means for America
- ‘The System Isn’t Working’: Ron Paul Breaks Down His Homeschooling Curriculum in Gripping Glenn Beck Interview