Glenn Beck has told his audience about his health issues in the past, describing how his hands and feet have gone numb and how he may be blind in the future as the result of macular dystrophy.
On his radio program Thursday, Beck both revealed alarming new developments on the state of his health, and downplayed them in true Glenn Beck form.
“I got up this morning – I have this weird thing that doctors have been trying to figure out … for a long time,” he began. “And the doctor just said, ‘Stop. Stop looking. It’s not going to kill you, it’s just going to make your life miserable. So let’s just stop.’”
Beck said he was “all for” supporting the doctor’s decision.
But, he continued: “I got up this morning, (and) I said to my wife — this is the first time this has happened to me — ‘Honey, can you move my arms for me, please?’”
Beck said his arms simply “stopped working” this morning for “about a minute.”
“I woke up from a dead sleep and it was like, you know how your arms get when they’re dead asleep and you can’t move them?” he said. “Well they weren’t asleep, they just weren’t working. Oh well.”
Beck said his co-workers were surprised by how “cavalier” he was about the development, but Beck simply said there’s nothing he can do about it so “big deal; boo-hoo; cry me a river; move on with your life.”
“I don’t want to hear about your problems because I’ve got a stack of them and so does everybody else around me,” he said. “Tell me about your struggles, and let’s get through them together. That’s when life is worth living. Let’s live.”
The full episode of The Glenn Beck Program, along with many other live streaming shows and thousands of hours of on-demand content, is available on just about any digital device. Get it all with a FREE TRIAL.
Other Must-Read Stories:
- What Does It Take to Be a ‘Manly’ Man?
- Mike Rowe on How Many Are Following the ‘Worst Advice in the History of the World’
- ‘Thieves and Animals’: Glenn Beck Unloads Over Food Stamp ‘Glitch’ That Led to Walmart Ransacking
- Mike Rowe of ‘Dirty Jobs’ Unveils Exciting Scholarship Program Rooted in Hard Work – Read the Amazing ‘S.W.E.A.T. Pledge’ Students Must Take First
- 11-Year-Old Who Refused to Beg For Money Now Has Dozens of Employees in Mistletoe Venture