A single mother’s Christian words and biblical preaching apparently fended off a home intruder who could have done serious harm to a both the woman and her daughter.
Police are on the hunt for a man who broke into a house and assaulted the mother in Dearborn Heights, Mich., at 4:45 a.m. on Monday.
Rather than staying and wreaking additional havoc, at least one neighbor said the man ended up leaving without seriously injuring anyone. He apparently fled after the 38-year-old victim began preaching a biblical message.
“God loves you. You don’t want to do this,” she reportedly told the man, according to WXYZ-TV.
While the unnamed woman has not talked to media, her neighbor, Julie Wilding, apparently spoke with her about what unfolded.
“I told her God was watching out for her. Someone was watching out for her,” Wilding told WXYZ-TV. “To be able to walk away from something like this … by witnessing to somebody and changing the course of what they planned on doing … to just walking away.”
Wilding described the victim as a good mother who has a strong religious faith and spends a great deal of time with her daughter, who has special needs.
Dearborn Heights police are currently looking for the suspect, who escaped the home through a basement window.
TheBlaze left a message for the detective handling the case to confirm the spiritual details and to get an update on the situation.
Featured image via Shutterstock.com
Other Must-Read Stories:
- Embattled Former Megapastor Commits Suicide
- Donald Trump Blasts Obama for Failing to Secure Christian Pastor’s Freedom in Iran: ‘We Are a Laughingstock Throughout the World’
- Is Disney Really Diminishing Jesus’ Importance in Its Annual Christmas Show?
- Famed Christian Pastor Embroiled in Controversy Amid Charges of Plagiarism
- Air Force Base Removes Nativity Display After Group Claims It’s a ‘Direct Violation of the U.S. Constitution’