Glenn Beck is an unashamed supporter of the arts. He regularly raves about Broadway shows, and has made a tradition of dressing up in a tuxedo and taking his daughters on “dates” in their “pretty shoes” to see the show of their choice.
But after seeing the Nutcracker for the fourth time in six days, even Beck has hit his limit.
“I swear to you, I wanted to just turn around and go, ‘Come on, guys … There’s nobody with me on this one? Come on. Put some pants on.’”
Beck spoke at length about the “almost transparent” garments of the dancers, saying he swears one man was “almost naked.”
“This doesn’t work for any of the guys… And it doesn’t work for the audience,” Beck said. “So who … came up with the tights thing, and why is that a tradition that we must keep?”
“You took your daughter to a burlesque show essentially,” Beck’s co-host Pat Gray said with a laugh.
“He was a Ken doll,” Beck agreed. “You know what a Ken doll looks like, where the Ken doll has that shape except it’s, it’s not in any anatomically correct way…”
“It was like, there’s no — (that’s) not real dude. Come on, man,” Beck said. “That’s not real. I mean, if it was, and I don’t mean to be — you got a lot of swelling. You’ve been hit repeatedly and the whole area is, is swelled up.”
That being said, Beck admitted that the show was “amazing” and he’s “never seen anything like it.”
“I’ve seen all the ballets and I wanted to hang myself,” Beck said. “However, the New York city version of it is absolutely amazing.”
The full episode of The Glenn Beck Program, along with many other live streaming shows and thousands of hours of on-demand content, is available on just about any digital device. Get it all with a FREE TRIAL.
Other Must-Read Stories:
- Glenn Beck Went to the Movies and Was Blown Away by the ‘Best War Film Ever Made’
- ‘How F***ing Dare You’: Mark Wahlberg Rants Against Hollywood Privilege, Gives Emotional Tribute to Soldiers’ Sacrifice
- The Heartwarming Story Behind Viral Photo of Marine Who Lost 5K to 9-Year-Old Boy
- Did You Catch the ‘Duck Dynasty’ Cast in Darius Rucker’s New ‘Wagon Wheel’ Music Video?
- Beck Reveals Why He Has Such Disdain for CNN’s Christiane Amanpour