Former First Lady Barbara Bush has been discharged from the hospital, where she has been undergoing treatment for pneumonia since Monday.
Bush spokesman Jim McGrath said the 88-year-old wife of former President George H.W. Bush was released from Houston Methodist Hospital late Saturday morning.
McGrath said Friday – before the former first lady was released – that she was “ready to get home to her husband and her dogs.”
“If they don’t let her out soon, they’ll have one feisty Barbara Bush there,” he added.
The former first lady echoed the sentiment on Saturday, saying: “I cannot thank the doctors and nurses at Houston Methodist enough for making sure I got the best treatment and got back to George and our dogs as quickly as possible.”
Barbara Bush’s hospitalization follows several years of health scares for her husband, the nation’s 41st president. Bush was hospitalized for over a month in 2012, and was even briefly admitted into intensive care.
The two will be celebrating their 69th wedding anniversary on Monday.
Other Must-Read Stories:
- There’s Another ‘Lone Survivor’ Story You May Not Have Heard — But You Definitely Know His Name
- George H.W. Bush Moved Out of Intensive Care Unit After Health Scare
- Former First Lady Barbara Bush Hospitalized in Houston
- Glenn Beck Tells the Fascinating History of World War II Like You’ve Never Heard It Before
- 88-Year-Old WWII Vet Who Can’t Afford Mandatory Repairs to His Business Gets Penalty That May Make Your Blood Boil
From the breaking news you need to know to the hottest trends circling the Web, TheBlaze has it all. Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat and Periscope.