For those not familiar with the feature, AmazonSmile is an easy way to support your favorite charity while shopping online – at no additional cost to you. When you shop using AmazonSmile, you’ll find the same selection, prices, and shopping experience as Amazon.com, with the added bonus that Amazon will donate a portion of your purchase price to Mercury One.
Those who wish to support Mercury One through AmazonSmile can get started in a few easy steps:
1. Visit www.smile.amazon.com, and bookmark the page for future use.
2. Sign in using your usual Amazon account. If you don’t have an Amazon account, you can easily create one.
3. You will be prompted to choose a charitable organization. Designate Mercury One as your charity of choice by searching “Mercury One, Inc.” and selecting Mercury One, Inc. in Irving, TX.
4. Start shopping! A percentage of each purchase you make using www.smile.amazon.com is donated to Mercury One.
5. Remember to use www.smile.amazon.com for all future Amazon purchases
The mission statement of Mercury One is “to inspire, organize and mobilize individuals to improve the human condition physically, emotionally and spiritually with malice towards none and charity for all.”
The charity, only a few years old, has already made a name for itself in responding to disasters and supporting admirable causes.
In the wake of Superstorm Sandy, Mercury One was one of the first to reach the Coney Island community to offer help. When tornadoes devastated Oklahoma back in May, more than $1 million was raised for the relief effort. And when dozens of tornadoes tore through the Midwest back in November, Mercury One flew into action.
“If we want government to do less, we need to do more,” the charity’s Facebook page says.
Mercury One’s most recent contribution went to the Lone Survivor Foundation. Last Wednesday, Glenn Beck concluded his television program by presenting a $50,000 check to American hero Marcus Luttrell.
Other Must-Read Stories:
- ‘They Portray the Guys Brilliantly’: Marcus Luttrell Praises ‘Lone Survivor’ Film Out in Theaters This Weekend
- What One Community Told FEMA That Has Glenn Beck Saying ‘Success, America’
- Stories and Pics: This Is What Beck’s Mercury One Charity Found (and Is Doing) When It Went to Help Hurricane Victims
- Incredible: The Moment a Woman’s Dog Emerges from Rubble During TV Interview Right After She Describes Losing Him
- You Won’t Believe What Firefighters Across the Country Did for a 4-Year-Old With Cancer