Update: New reports claim that Kilbey was also drunk at the time of the incident.
Authorities in Colorado claim a 23-year-old man allegedly high on marijuana crashed into two state trooper vehicles on Saturday.
Police arrested Keith Kilbey and charged him with driving under the influence of drugs, KUSA-TV reported.
The incident unfolded in Denver around 9 p.m. Saturday evening after two state troopers had parked their cars in the left lane of an exit ramp.
Authorities were reportedly investigating a crash in the area and had put their emergency lights on before Kilbey purportedly hit their vehicles. According to KWGN, he collided with a Colorado State Patrol Crown Victoria, sending that vehicle into a Dodge Charger.
“It is unacceptable that troopers and their vehicles continue to be hit on our roadways.” Colorado State Patrol spokeswoman Cpl. Heather Cobler told The Denver Post. “This time we were fortunate, but many officers across the nation are not so lucky.”
The state troopers were not inside the vehicles at the time of the crash.
It is unclear how much marijuana Kilbey was suspected of having in his system at the time of the incident, though The Denver Post reported that, under Colorado law, a driver is considered under the influence of the drug when he or she has “5 nanograms or more of active THC … per milliliter of blood” in his or her system while operating a vehicle.
Other Must-Read Stories:
- Another Wild ‘Price Is Right’ Clip — and It Involves a Sports Illustrated Model, a Tumble and an Awkward Tackle
- Five Secrets About What Makes a Happy Marriage
- Controversial Pastor Links Obama’s Gay Marriage Endorsement to…the Future Rise of the Antichrist
- American Cop-Turned-Evangelist Arrested in Scotland for Preaching That Homosexuality Is a Sin
- What Ever Happened to the Teen Atheist Who Successfully Battled to Ban Her School’s Prayer Mural?