Gerald Molen, the Academy Award-winning producer of “Schindler’s List” and co-producer of “2016: Obama’s America,” told TV host Megyn Kelly that he believes filmmaker Dinesh D’Souza was targeted by the Obama administration.
D’Souza, the creator and director of “2016,” was indicted late last week on charges that he allegedly violated campaign finance law. He was released on $500,000 bond Friday and his travel was restricted to the United States.
Molen said he spoke with D’Souza on Monday and revealed he’s “doing very well,” but still a “little stunned that the country would turn his back on him…and charge him this way.”
“This film was not flattering of the president and many believe that that is why this alleged crime is being pursued. What do you think?” Kelly pressed.
“Well, I think so too. I really do,” the producer replied.
Dennis Michael Lynch, also a documentary filmmaker, told Kelly earlier in the program that he too believes D’Souza was likely targeted by the Obama administration for political reasons.
Watch the clip via Fox News below:
(H/T: Gateway Pundit)