Sen. Rand Paul (R-Ky.) is one of a handful of politicians in Washington that Glenn Beck says he actually trusts. Beck has not commented on who he would most like to see as president in 2016, saying his main priority is to get a “liberty guy” in the White House.
But when Paul dropped by Beck’s Dallas studios for an interview on Friday, Beck decided to see just what a “President Rand Paul” would look like by conducting the discussion in his mock Oval Office.
Paul did not choose to seat himself where the president would traditionally sit, behind the desk, but he still had some remarks for the American people.
“What I would say is: Good evening America, speaking to you from the Oval Office in Dallas, Texas,” Paul began in a mockingly serious tone. “And if you’re listening to me now, you know we had to remove the capitol to Texas, because it was the only place left in the country where there was economic freedom and economic growth…”
Beck laughed: “You know what? I can actually hear that! This is the only place where there’s any kind of economic freedom.”
“You’d think maybe [there would] be a lesson,” Paul agreed. “They said the states would be these experimental areas where people would see what works … What’s working in Texas? Right-to-work. Low taxes. No state income tax. Why don’t we spread that around the country?”
Watch the rest of the interview, below:
The full episode of The Glenn Beck Program, along with many other live streaming shows and thousands of hours of on-demand content, is available on just about any digital device. Get it all with a FREE TRIAL.
Other Must-Read Stories:
- The Unconventional Way Sen. Rand Paul Is Teaching the Youth About Domestic Surveillance
- ‘The System Isn’t Working’: Ron Paul Breaks Down His Homeschooling Curriculum in Gripping Glenn Beck Interview
- ‘This Is How Nations Die!’: Ann Coulter and Glenn Beck Tangle Over Feasibility of a Third Party
- Glenn Beck Reveals a Story He Hasn’t Been Able to Share for Over a Year
- Beck on Why Karl Rove & GOP ‘Establishment’ May Be Eager to ‘Take Out’ Lawmakers Like Ted Cruz
From the breaking news you need to know to the hottest trends circling the Web, TheBlaze has it all. Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat and Periscope.