Most well-seasoned air travelers know the drill: The moment you hear the words “brief safety demonstration,” you probably tune out and crack open your book.
But a Southwest Airlines flight attendant who “had a long day” used a bit of humor and successfully commanded the attention of the entire cabin.
“My ex-husband, my new boyfriend and their divorce attorney are going to show you the safety features of this Boeing 737 800 series,” the flight attendant, identified by Digital Journal as Marty Cobb, said, eliciting laughs from the passengers heading to Salt Lake City.
Here are a few of the highlights from her comedy sketch posted to YouTube Saturday:
- “Position your seat belt tight and low against your hips, like my grandmother wears her support bra.”
- “Everybody gets a door prize in the seatback pocket in front of you — along with dirty diapers, chewing gum wrappers, banana peels and all other gifts you leave for us from time to time — it’s the safety information card.”
- In the unlikely event of a water landing, “everyone gets their very own, teenie weenie yellow Southwest bikini.”
- “As you know it’s a no-smoking, no-whining, no-complaining flight. It’s a please and thank you, and you are such a good looking flight attendant flight.”
- “If you’re traveling with small children … we’re sorry.”
- “Basically, just do what we say and nobody gets hurt.”
Watch the whole sketch for yourself:
“This is why I love #SouthwestAirlines […] Their employees enjoy their jobs!” a commenter on the YouTube video wrote.
From the breaking news you need to know to the hottest trends circling the Web, TheBlaze has it all. Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat and Periscope.