One dad is fed up with rap music. Sure, he used to listen, but now that he has two daughters he realizes what has become so popular in the genre: “rampant misogyny” and “unapologetic sexism.” And he wants no part in supporting it.
“I’ve been known to ‘throw my hands in the air and wave ‘em like I just don’t care,” the humorous yet poignant letter originally posted on the dad’s blog and reposted over at HuffPost begins. “I used to hit up your shows and you could often ‘find me in the club, bottle full of bub,’ where, if your beat thumped enough and your hook looped just right, I could be enticed to ‘jump motherf*cker, jump motherf*cker jump.’ And while I’ve never really been ‘down with O.P.P.,’ I do ‘like big butts and I cannot lie…’ And man, those days were the days.
“But now that I have two daughters, two centers of the Universe, these are not those days.”
The dad, Mike Heenan, goes on to be blunt: “I am breaking up with you, Rap Music, and it’s not you, it’s me. And it’s also, kind of, you.”
“It’s your rampant misogyny, homie. It is an epidemic. Your unapologetic sexism is a scourge on an otherwise exceptional cultural phenomenon,” he explains.
And then he launches into a series of puns and whys:
• “I will NOT have my daughters subconsciously, or euphoniously, convinced that ‘b*tches ain’t sh*t but hoes and tricks.’”
• “My girls are golden, and must be cherished accordingly.”
• “My girls are pillars of spirit and character and must be endeared accordingly.”
• “And when my girls grow into those bright beacons of kindness and compassion that I know they will be and the suitors undoubtedly come a-knockin, just know that my daughters will NOT be ‘riding dirty’ with you.”
• “For the sake of my daughters, I’ve got to kick you to the curb.”
While his oldest daughter may only be three, he says, he’s taking a stand now. Might he revisit at some point? Maybe. But as of now, “Rap Music, I just can’t do you no more.”
From the breaking news you need to know to the hottest trends circling the Web, TheBlaze has it all. Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat and Periscope.