Sen. Ted Cruz (R-Texas) on Wednesday released a detailed list of “lawless” actions taken by President Barack Obama on issues like Obamacare, national security and free speech.
The report, titled “The Legal Limit Report No. 4: The Obama Administration’s Abuse of Power,” accused Obama of displaying a “persistent pattern of lawlessness” and a “willingness to disregard the written law.”
“Rather than honor this duty, President Obama has openly defied it by repeatedly suspending, delaying, and waiving portions of the laws that he is charged to enforce,” Cruz writes in the report. “When President Obama disagreed with federal immigration laws, he instructed the Justice Department to cease enforcing the laws. He did the same thing with federal welfare law, drug laws, and the federal Defense of Marriage Act.”
The Daily Caller, which obtained a copy of Cruz’s report, outlines a portion of the 76 specific “lawless” actions Obama has taken while in office:
1. “Obama implemented portions of the DREAM Act by executive action”
2. “Ended some terror asylum restrictions”
3. “Recognized same sex marriage in Utah despite a Supreme Court stay on a court order allowing the institution”
4. “Illegally revealed the existence of sealed indictments in the Benghazi investigation”
5. “Illegally delayed Obamacare verification of eligibility for healthcare subsidies”
6. “Ordered Boeing to fire 1,000 employees in South Carolina and shut down a new factory because it was non-union”
7. “Terminated the pensions of 20,000 non-union Delphi employees in the GM bankruptcy.”
8. “Government agencies are engaging in ‘Operation Choke Point,’ where the government asks banks to ‘choke off’ access to financial services for customers engaging in conduct the Administration does not like—such as ‘ammunition sales.’”
You can read the full report below:
From the breaking news you need to know to the hottest trends circling the Web, TheBlaze has it all. Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat and Periscope.