What’s the most difficult part of returning home from war?
Members of the armed forces are often presented with this question — and some are now speaking out. Using the popular smartphone application Whisper, many soldiers have turned to the social network to reveal what they struggle with after returning to civilian life.
Whisper guarantees its users absolute privacy and, as a result, some of the confessions are raw and powerful.
1. Empty Seats
2. Trouble Sleeping in a Bed
5. ‘I fear I will harm someone’
6. Trouble Adjusting
7. No Visits From Familiar Faces
8. The Sound of Fireworks
9. Struggling With PTSD
10. Grappling With the Pain of Losing Friends in Battle
12. Returning From War to an Abandoned Home
13. ‘Void of All Emotion’
Find more anonymous soldier confessions on Whisper. Download here.
Follow Oliver Darcy (@oliverdarcy) on Twitter
Featured image courtesy of Shutterstock