Charles Belk is a 51-year-old Harvard graduate, film producer and former deputy operations director of the 1996 Atlanta Olympic Village — and his felony arrest record is publicly available, even though he didn’t commit the felony in question.

Belk was arrested and detained for six hours last month when police mistook him for a bank robbery suspect, KTLA-TV reported.

Image via Facebook

Image via Facebook

“Within an evening, I was wrongly arrested, locked up, denied a phone call, denied explanation of charges against me, denied ever being read my rights, denied being able to speak to my lawyer for a lengthy time, and denied being told that my car had been impounded…..All because I was mis-indentified as the wrong ‘tall, bald head, black male,’ … ‘fitting the description,’” Belk wrote on Facebook.

Belk said he was told, once police realized they had detained the wrong man, that he would not have an arrest record.

On Monday night, Belk found out that he did have an arrest record, and it was right there on the L.A. County Sheriff’s website for anyone to see.

TheBlaze confirmed that Belk’s arrest record is publicly available.

Image source: screengrab via LA

Image source: screengrab via LA County Sheriff’s website

Why L.A. law enforcement would file and publish an arrest record for a man who was in no way, shape or form connected to the crime in question remains unclear.

As of Tuesday afternoon, the L.A. County Sheriff’s Office had not responded to a request for comment from TheBlaze.

(H/T: Showbiz 411)

Follow Zach Noble (@thezachnoble) on Twitter