When Fox News Host Notes Investigators Concluded There Was No Benghazi ‘Stand Down’ Order, Commando Replies With Just Three Words

Three security operators responsible for guarding the CIA station in Benghazi dismissed on Monday claims they were never told to “stand down” during the night of the deadly 2012 attacks.

“Congressional investigators concluded there was no ‘stand down’ order,” Fox News host Megyn Kelly told the three commandoes.

“That’s just silly,” replied Kris “Tanto” Paronto, a former Army Ranger.

WATCH: Heroes of Benghazi open up in Fox News interview (relevant portion at 13 minute mark)

The Republican-led House Armed Services Committee concluded in 2014 that there was no military “stand down” order given. That conclusion was drawn from the testimony of nine military officers.

Kelly noted that President Barack Obama and other leaders, including former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton, rely on such reports.

“It’s kind of funny,” John “Tig” Tiegen said. “Everything we testified to they agreed with us 100 percent. … But for some reason they don’t want to believe us that we were told to stand down.”

“Do you have a political motive?” Kelly asked.

“No,” replied the three commandos.

The claim that the security operators were told to “stand down” is nothing new. Mark “Oz” Geist, Paronto and Tiegen made it in their book “13 Hours: The Inside Account of What Really Happened in Benghazi” last year. That book, however, has found its way back in the media spotlight as Michael Bay’s film adaption is set to hit theaters this month.

Follow the author of this story on Twitter and Facebook:

289 Comments