The United States is home to millions of interesting and inspiring people who work to have a positive impact in their communities — far from the glare of the media spotlight.
They are the subject of The Heart of America, a new short video series from TheBlaze Documentary Films.
Forstchen owns a 1943 Aeronca L-3B plane that served as a reconnaissance aircraft during World War 2. While he loves every opportunity he gets to go flying, there was one flight he took with a WWII veteran that soars above the rest.
More from The Heart of America
• Making the Symbol of America
• How a Clarinet Helped One Man Become Part of American History
• The Store Where It’s Always Christmas
• Liberty Camp
• Dogs Behind Bars
• Inside the Football Factory
• How a Community Helped Save Its Goodie Shop
• Craftsmanship That Spans Generations
• The Pioneers Rebuilding Detroit One House at a Time
• Vets 4 Vets