The United States is home to millions of interesting and inspiring people who work to have a positive impact in their communities — often times far from the glare of the media spotlight.
They are the subject of The Heart of America, a new short video series from TheBlaze Documentary Films.
Terry O’Connell is a former corporate executive who left his career to dedicate his life to helping the homeless. O’Connell works on the advisory board of the “Star House,” a 24-hour drop-in center for homeless youth in Columbus, Ohio.
Now in its 10th year, the Star House is a partnership between government, academia and private citizens that offers hot meals, laundry facilities and other basics to children in the streets.
More from The Heart of America
• Flying With a Veteran
• Making the Symbol of America
• How a Clarinet Helped One Man Become Part of American History
• The Store Where It’s Always Christmas
• Liberty Camp
• Dogs Behind Bars
• Inside the Football Factory
• How a Community Helped Save Its Goodie Shop
• Craftsmanship That Spans Generations
• The Pioneers Rebuilding Detroit One House at a Time
• Vets 4 Vets