‘Bomb’ Found in Rome Subway ‘Could Not Have Exploded’
- Posted on December 21, 2010 at 10:20am by
Jonathon M. Seidl
- Print »
- Email »
ROME (AP) — A suspicious package full of wires and powder was found Tuesday in a subway car in Rome, prompting a terror scare during the Christmas season. But the city’s mayor said the device could not have exploded.
The device was found at around 10 a.m. (0900GMT) inside a train at the Rebibbia station, on the outskirts of Italian capital. The train was at the end of the line and empty when the package was found, said Atac, which runs the Rome subway.
Bomb-disposal experts checked the powder and concluded “the device could not have exploded,” said Rome Mayor Gianni Alemanno.
“The rudimentary device could not trigger an explosion,” Alemanno was quoted as saying by the ANSA news agency.
Atac said in a statement the train was in an area beyond the platform that is used for maneuvering when the device was found.
Spokeswoman Diana Formaggio said the package contained powder and wires. She said the station was never closed and the service was never interrupted.



















Submitting your tip... please wait!
sdparker
Posted on December 22, 2010 at 7:05pmIs this another brush-off to real terrorism? Sounds like people are mocking the terrorist, provoking them as they fail to take the threat for what it IS. What will be America’s leaders excuse? There will be no acceptable excuse, after all the neglect we’ve seen so far.
Report Post »Stu Pedaso
Posted on December 22, 2010 at 9:22amDry run. Just testing the system to see how long it takes to find, identify, and dispose.
Report Post »jeffro314
Posted on December 21, 2010 at 11:11pmJonathon,
Report Post »please work on the difference between ‘ and “… thanks and keep up the hard work!
pwatkins
Posted on December 21, 2010 at 5:27pmThere have been way too many bombs lately that would not explode. They had no problem with getting in American planes they were trained in the US to fly, and flying into buildings killing thousands, but yet have lost their touch on making bombs, yeah right? The Soros regime is enjoying the confusion they think they are creating around the world. Don’t be taken in by all of this propaganda, use your commonsense and put your faith in God.
Report Post »TaterSalad
Posted on December 21, 2010 at 1:38pmUnderstand this:
http://therealrevo.com/blog/?p=37359
Report Post »civilunrestnow
Posted on December 21, 2010 at 1:21pmMust have been made by FIAT….Fix It Again Tony…
Report Post »Truth4me
Posted on December 21, 2010 at 12:29pmStay calm, no worries, this bomb was clearly planted by a “moderate” muslim and could not have worked. Now if it was planted by a “radical” muslim then we would have something to be concerned about.
Report Post »xm-1774u
Posted on December 21, 2010 at 11:18amit was a pipe bomb and yes it could of if they had a fuse or detonator i would take this very seariously
Report Post »and look at security footage . it seems islam if they did this is at war with the rest of us be safe
Speak without Fear
Posted on December 21, 2010 at 10:41amOK…..and Muslims could never pull of hijacking planes and fly them into buildings.
This is the MSM trying to calm nerves…….and once again defend and protect…..and distort what muslims are trying to do around the world.
Report Post »Speak without Fear
Posted on December 21, 2010 at 10:45amIt’s damage control……..by the MSM. Which is in bed with the Muslims.
Report Post »snowleopard3200 {mix art}
Posted on December 21, 2010 at 11:26amIt is damage control by MSM who is in total bed with the administration and the Progressive traitors of the white house.
Report Post »wesleyapril
Posted on December 21, 2010 at 1:16pmAmen! Do you all really trust the media? lol -
Report Post »firstlast
Posted on December 21, 2010 at 2:40pmDo you all really think Rupert Murdoch and his media empire is NOT mainstream? Really? You People are commenting on a MEDIA outlet! Oh, but not THIS media; this is “special” media. Like FoxNews is underground media…
Report Post »Cuthalu
Posted on December 21, 2010 at 10:35amSounds like a false flag to me.
Report Post »Gonzo
Posted on December 21, 2010 at 10:28amMust have been a Democrat bomb, they can’t make anything work right.
Report Post »Proud AF Oathkeeper
Posted on December 21, 2010 at 10:31amNow, that is funny!!! Thanks.
Report Post »firstlast
Posted on December 21, 2010 at 2:36pmYeah thats FUNNY! …and totally irrelevant
Report Post »Blacktooth
Posted on December 21, 2010 at 3:05pmThis whole story is irrelevant. Even my comment is irrelevant.
Report Post »Rn mom
Posted on December 21, 2010 at 6:57pmLOL- send in the SEIU to make bombs for the terrorists- that’ll surely shut down al-queda
Report Post »roadcouch98
Posted on December 21, 2010 at 10:27amLet‘s advertise the fact that it couldn’t work, so that the Terrorists can figure out what they did wrong, and fix the problem.
Report Post »untameable-kate
Posted on December 21, 2010 at 10:30amIt could have been kids thinking they were being funny/cool. Terrorists usually have a pretty good idea about how to make a bomb and murder innocents.
Report Post »snowleopard3200 {mix art}
Posted on December 21, 2010 at 10:41amWhy do we and the europeans always seem to want to declare how incompetent the terrorists are? I have to agree with you Road; in this way, we just show off the areas of security that are the strongest or most observant, making it easier for each of the terrorists test probes to find the true weakest of spots.
Report Post »guyperram
Posted on December 21, 2010 at 11:12amIf it “couldn’t have exploded” then it wasn’t a bomb, the truth is they found a stone and are upset about it.
Report Post »We have lately heard about so much “terrorist” incompetence it makes you wonder if the “terrorists” doing this stuff aren’t actually the government trying to give themselves additional reasns to gain more control.
Maybe I am just paranoid, but with what has been happening, and knowing how hard it is to actually make a bomb, I don’t think so.
diggyorange
Posted on December 21, 2010 at 11:32amDry run !
I bet they were checking out how they would handle it .
Report Post »wesleyapril
Posted on December 21, 2010 at 1:16pmYep – or maybe they are just giving them Italians a red herring so that way they will feel comfortable and not freak out. Boy I must say those ******* don’t have much luvk at making bombs anymore – whats up with that?
Report Post »firstlast
Posted on December 21, 2010 at 2:34pmSupport-the-war-on-terror initiative…I’m starting to wonder about all these bomb duds. And WHO supports the war-on-terror…?
Report Post »