‘No Bullet Wound, No Trauma’: Army Releases Statement Challenging Theory on Soldier Who Died During Skype Chat
- Posted on May 7, 2012 at 1:00pm by
Erica Ritz
- Print »
- Email »
(The Blaze/AP) — Army investigators said Monday that they found no bullet wound, nor evidence of foul play, in the death of a soldier in Afghanistan who died during a Skype video chat with his wife.
Capt. Bruce Kevin Clark collapsed while speaking to his wife on May 1 from his base in Tarin Kot, Afghanistan, southwest of Kabul. His wife, Susan Orellana-Clark, has suggested that Clark was shot, citing a hole visible in the closet behind him that she believed was a bullet hole.
(Related: Wife Skyping With Soldier Saw Bullet Hole)
Investigators said an initial probe showed no trauma to the body except that Clark broke his nose when he fell forward. Orellana-Clark said he didn’t seem alarmed before he collapsed.
Christopher Grey, a spokesman for the Army Criminal Investigation Command, said Monday that the investigation is still under way.
“But the important thing is that there was no bullet wound, no trauma,” except that Clark’s nose was possibly broken when he fell on his desk, Grey said in a telephone interview.
“We can positively say that Captain Clark was not shot,” Grey later said in a statement.
An autopsy was done Friday but it could take several weeks to get results of toxicology and tissue testing done at that time, Paul Stone, a spokesman for the Armed Forces Medical Examiner, said Monday.
Clark‘s family released a statement Sunday describing what his wife saw in the video feed recording her husband’s death.
“The closet behind him had a bullet hole in it,” the statement said, adding that others, including a member of the military who came to Orellana-Clark’s Texas home, also believed it was a bullet hole.
The statement says the Skype link remained open for two hours after Clark collapsed as family and friends in the U.S. and Afghanistan tried to get Clark help. Although it was the night of Monday, April 30, at his El Paso, Texas, home, Clark’s time of death is officially listed as May 1, the date in Afghanistan at the time.
“After two hours and many frantic phone calls by Mrs. Clark, two military personnel arrived in the room and appeared to check his pulse, but provided no details about his condition to his wife,” the statement said.
Despite the trauma of witnessing her husband’s death from thousands of miles away, Orellana-Clark said last week through a statement issued by the family that she and her extended family were thankful that husband and wife “were together in his last moments.”
Orellana-Clark said the reason for the family statement Sunday on the bullet hole was to provide details of what she saw “to honor my husband and dispel the inaccurate information and supposition promulgated by other parties.”
Grey‘s statement Monday expressed condolences to Clark’s family, friends, and fellow soldiers, saying “we know this is a very traumatic and difficult time for all involved.”
Reached Monday after the Army issued its statement, Bradley Taber-Thomas, a brother-in-law who has been acting as a spokesman for Clark’s family, said the family had not been officially informed by the Army that a bullet wound had not been found in the captain’s body and had no immediate comment.
Grey said investigators will “consider all available evidence” before reaching a final determination.
“Although we have not completely ruled it out to ensure a complete and thorough investigation is conducted, we do not suspect foul play in the death of Captain Clark at this point,” Grey said. “We will continue to keep the next of kin updated as the investigation continues.”
Clark grew up in Michigan and previously lived in Spencerport, N.Y., a suburb of Rochester, his wife’s hometown. He joined the Army in 2006 and was stationed in Hawaii before he was assigned to the medical center in El Paso. He deployed to Afghanistan in March.
Clark’s body was returned Thursday to Dover Air Force Base.
He is survived by his wife and two daughters, aged 3 and 9.























Submitting your tip... please wait!
RamonPreston
Posted on May 8, 2012 at 3:34amDon‘t you think it’s suspicious that he dropped dead right after she said “I’m sleeping with your brother?”
Report Post »Inlightofthings
Posted on May 8, 2012 at 8:24am…and the moron RAMONPRESTON wondered why the crowd did not laugh, and why his career as a comedian was so short lived…
Report Post »Secret Squirrel
Posted on May 7, 2012 at 6:32pm.
Report Post »“Just another isolated incident.”
IF you believe everything the gub’ment tells you.
VanceUppercut
Posted on May 7, 2012 at 10:59pmYes, it’s much better to believe everything you read on conspiracy websites.
Report Post »blackyb
Posted on May 7, 2012 at 4:20pmPeople do just keep over. I am very sorry. This must have been horrific for her and she could not get to him to be with him. At least, in a sense, he was with her. They have my prayers. God bless them and give them peace.
Report Post »All American American
Posted on May 7, 2012 at 3:26pmIf anyone believes the “official Army” fable I have some oceanfront property in Arizona…cheap! Take paypal too!
Report Post »Marci
Posted on May 7, 2012 at 4:28pmIf you slump over, I don’t see how you can break your nose. However, if you had some force behind it…..
Report Post »COFemale
Posted on May 7, 2012 at 5:23pmYou can get your nose broken just from an accidental elbow to the nose. You’d be surprise how easy it is to break your nose.
This had to be horrific for the wife. My condolences to the family and friends.
Report Post »@Ft.Benning
Posted on May 7, 2012 at 5:28pmOk I’ve been reading a few posts and there are some out there that a conspiracy happy. Look I was not there obviously but I have used Skype and I have deployed so hear me out a little and maybe I can open your thinking to another (and I believe probable) possibility.
1) Skype uses a web cam. Web cam come in different resolutions as do computer screens. Skype depends on the Internet which unlike here in the States is often shoddy slap up operations.
2) I have seen a man break 3 ribs in his chest when he had a heart attack and fell onto the corner of a stove. It is very possible to break a bone in a fall. (‘I’ve fallen and I can‘t get up’ lady broke her hip in a fall)
3) The President of the United States does not concern himself with the day to day operations of small military units nor average Joe soldiers/officers. He is much too busy stumping for re-election. He has no reason to cover anything up in this case that I can imagine. (Some of the comments made here remind me of my crazy ex blaming EVERYTHING of President Bush from global warming of THE ENTIRE PLANET to one of her hippy friends getting a speeding ticket. Yes, she really said it was Bush’s fault for her friend getting the ticket!)
4) People die. Sometimes suddenly sometimes without trauma.
5) Sometimes people see what they want to believe even if there is no evidence to support it.
In conclusion I believe the military in it’s statement because there is no reason for a cover up. Again this is MY opin
Report Post »VanceUppercut
Posted on May 7, 2012 at 11:01pmYou’re right, everything is a conspiracy. *eyeroll*
Report Post »65Mustang
Posted on May 7, 2012 at 3:25pmWith Obama in office, I have come to the conclusion that no one is to be trusted. As much I as respect, and support anything that involves the military and veterans, I do not trust Obama and his operatives.
Report Post »blackyb
Posted on May 7, 2012 at 4:19pmNeither do I.
Report Post »cuinsong
Posted on May 7, 2012 at 2:51pmThis is sad.
Report Post »I think he just had a medical problem like an aneurism or stroke that’s sad but its probably what happened!
No conspiracy here the guys body just failed that’s all.
South Philly Boy
Posted on May 7, 2012 at 2:35pmVery Sad
Report Post »Blazesurfer
Posted on May 7, 2012 at 2:30pmWeird wild stuff.
Report Post »SingerGuy
Posted on May 7, 2012 at 5:27pmMr. Carson, is that you? :-D
Report Post »NutterButter79
Posted on May 7, 2012 at 2:07pmVery strange. Maybe he was going to blow the whistle on something he saw. We all know that Obama signed an executive order against whistle blowers.
http://revolutioninmedia.com/2012/04/17/why-is-the-government-attacking-whistle-blowers/
It’s time for the sheep to wake up and realize that establishment Republicans and Democrats are owned by the NWO. Why do you think they all fought against the bill requiring SuperPACs to disclose who donated the most money? They don’t want us to know who is funding the politicians and influencing their policies.
Report Post »They feed us manufactured class and race warfare to distract the ignorant masses to what’s really going on. Every news outlet will brush this story aside and accept what the military says. Sick.
May he rest in peace.
Master.Debater
Posted on May 7, 2012 at 1:47pmIt used to be that families got word of a soldiers death in war by a telegram. Now it is the families notifying the Military. How our world has changed.
Report Post »PPMStudios
Posted on May 7, 2012 at 3:03pmHow long ago was the telegram used? Since WW II they’ve send military representatives to relay the bad news in person to the families.
Report Post »RJJinGadsden
Posted on May 7, 2012 at 1:39pmOne of those truly strange stories. Having not seen the so called bullet hole I would have to think that it was already their while the CPT was on his Skype call. As I recall from the previous story it took the family and other friends in the states calling Afghanistan up to two hours to get somebody to enter his room. Once inside they did not react to a supposed bullet wound. So, there may be credence to this story. This does not seem like something the Army would attempt to cover up. Nonetheless the brave CPT served his country well and I hope to see more clear information come out in the very near future.
Report Post »The time to respond to his room speaks volumes about any gunfire on the site at that specific time.
RJJinGadsden
Posted on May 7, 2012 at 1:45pmTheir? Need to proof read before tagging Reply
Report Post »Smokey_Bojangles
Posted on May 7, 2012 at 1:37pmMaybe he had Andrew Breitbart Disease?
Report Post »Blazebanned
Posted on May 7, 2012 at 1:25pmWhy no age given for the Capt.? Somethings very fishy about all this, regardless….
Report Post »antrancher
Posted on May 7, 2012 at 1:44pmFrom personal experience with deaths in the military I can tell you that they will cover up anything that leads to the fact that there was any foul play in spite of the obvious. I can say that without any reservation!
Report Post »Oldphoto678
Posted on May 7, 2012 at 1:59pmAnd just what is it that you find so “Very Fishy”? I suspect that You and your ilk would find something “very fishy” about the paperboy, or the mailman. Ideot!!!
Report Post »Dismayed Veteran
Posted on May 7, 2012 at 2:26pmAn Associated Press article in the Lincoln (Nebraska) Journal Star reported his age as 43. No dark conspiracy.
Report Post »SingerGuy
Posted on May 7, 2012 at 5:30pm@Oldphoto678: If you’re going to call someone an idiot, you should spell it correctly so you don’t look like an idiot. I‘m just sayin’.
Report Post »Bronco II
Posted on May 7, 2012 at 6:32pmThey did give his age he was 43 years old.My thoughts and prayers go out to the family.
Report Post »Tom K
Posted on May 7, 2012 at 1:24pmRead this story on Yahoo News this morning. There is a condition called “ sudden death ” and there are a number of causes. Also, there are stories going around that our Military is being co-opted by the N.W.O. where those who take their Oath to the U.S. Constitution seriously are being “ weeded out ” and urban gangsters, foreigners, and “ citizenship seekers ” are quickly moving up the ranks. You see, one must have those that will “ just follow orders ” if the illegal order is issued to kill Americans who are not “ going along ” with an illegitimate / ineligible administration. U.N. Troops and / or Russian troops would “ pull the trigger ” instantly. Pray for America !
Report Post »Smokey_Bojangles
Posted on May 7, 2012 at 1:41pmSounds crazy,but makes sense. The Marine who criticized Obama took an oath to defend the Constitution.He was used to prove the point that they have to obey the Communist president over defending the Constitution as per their oath.
Report Post »Gita
Posted on May 7, 2012 at 1:17pmMay Captain Clark’s soul and all the souls of the faithful departed through the mercy of God rest in peace, Amen. My prayers are also with his family.
Report Post »The Sergeant Major
Posted on May 7, 2012 at 5:26pmRest well Warrior!
Report Post »Mark0331
Posted on May 7, 2012 at 1:05pmCurioser and curioser…Prayers for his loved ones.
Report Post »MONICNE
Posted on May 7, 2012 at 1:16pmThe prayers of our brothers and sisters have caused a MIRACLE!
TEA
Report Post »