Video Shows Alleged Terrorist Attack Outside U.S. Embassy in Bosnia
- Posted on October 28, 2011 at 12:37pm by
Madeleine Morgenstern
- Print »
- Email »

An unidentified gunman stands in the center of the street in Sarajevo, Bosnia on Friday, Oct. 28, 2011 at a street in front of the U.S. embassy. (AP Photo/Amel Emric)
SARAJEVO, Bosnia-Herzegovina (The Blaze/AP) — A man opened fire with an automatic weapon Friday in what authorities called a terrorist attack on the U.S. Embassy in Bosnia. A policeman and the gunman were wounded, but the embassy said none of its employees was hurt.
Bosnian TV identified the shooter as Mevlid Jasarevic, from Novi Pazar, Serbia. It said he is a Wahabi follower, but did not cite its sources. The Wahabis are an extremely conservative branch of Islam which is rooted in Saudi Arabia and linked to religious militants in parts of Afghanistan and Pakistan.
Sarajevo Mayor Alija Behmen said the gunman “got off a tram with a Kalashnikov and started shooting at the American Embassy.” Witnesses told Bosnian television that the man urged pedestrians to move away, saying he was targeting only the embassy.

Reuters
One police officer guarding the building was wounded before police surrounded the gunman. After a 30-minute standoff, the sound of a single shot echoed and AP video showed the shooter slump to the ground.
Police arrested the wounded man – who one of Bosnia’s three presidents said is a foreigner – and took him away in an ambulance as pedestrians cowered behind buildings and vehicles. Hospital spokeswoman Biljana Jandric told The Associated Press the gunman had a minor wound to his leg, and would spend the night at the hospital before being released into police custody.

AP
Footage from Bosnia’s TV1 shows a bearded man in a long jacket pacing in front of the embassy carrying an automatic weapon, wearing an outfit outfit typical for Wahibi followers. A single shot is heard, then the camera pans back to show the man on the ground.
The first video shows him in front of the embassy:
A second video uploaded to YouTube records people watching from a nearby building and commenting on the events as they unfold. Content warning — some strong language
This video shows the man again before and after the shot. Content warning — graphic images
In Washington, State Department spokeswoman Victoria Nuland said several bullets struck the outside wall of the embassy, but that all embassy personnel were safe. She said the wounded police officer had been assigned to protect the embassy. Ambassador Patrick Moon expressed his gratitude for the swift response by the police.
“Our thoughts and prayers at this time are with those who put their lives on the line to protect the embassy,” Nuland told reporters.

AP
Bakir Izetbegovic, one of Bosnia’s three presidents, issued a statement condemning “the terrorist attack on the embassy of the United States.”
“The United States is a proven friend of Bosnia-Herzegovina. Its government and its people supported us in the most difficult moments in our history and nobody has the right to jeopardize our relations,” he said.
Zeljko Komsic, chairman of Bosnia’s presidency, said the attacker is a foreigner previously known to police. He told AP that authorities have not yet determined whether the attack “was the act of an individual, or something organized.”
“But whatever it was, it is not just an attack on the U.S. Embassy or the U.S., it is also an attack on Bosnia and Herzegovina,” he said.

Reuters
A Sarajevo city official, Muhamed Budimlic, told The Associated Press that a policeman guarding the embassy was injured.
This is a breaking news story. Updates will be added as they come in.



















Submitting your tip... please wait!
Comments (58)
BACKUPOFFMYLIBERTY
Posted on October 28, 2011 at 2:40pmFor some reason this dude wanted to be shot and was waiting for it to happen…? Why would he stand around in the open for 30+ minutes? Regardless, he needed to be taken care of.
Report Post »IwentThere
Posted on October 28, 2011 at 7:30pmDoes anyone else think its odd that he was able to ride a tram with an AK? You think someone would have been like “So, uh, thats and odd looking briefcase you got there…”
Report Post »1NJslave
Posted on October 28, 2011 at 2:37pmHe looked like a lost soul, just pacing back & forth. I wonder what’s going to be found in his blood sample? Opium, heroin, ecstacy???
Report Post »cemerius
Posted on October 28, 2011 at 2:36pmAmerica came to help the muslims and this is what they repay that kindness with? Piiss on them I say now!
Report Post »c0mm0nsense
Posted on October 29, 2011 at 11:14amYes America help them by putting an arms embargo on them. I wonder if this guy’s whole family is burried in a mass grave some where in the countryside?
Report Post »c0mm0nsense
Posted on October 29, 2011 at 11:16amMaybe you could go piss on it.
Report Post »Mandors
Posted on October 28, 2011 at 2:34pmGood thing we wasted billions of dollars there fighting Clinton’s wag the dog war.
Report Post »DonaldH
Posted on October 29, 2011 at 4:43amHis war was a little more complicated and devious than being just a wag the dog experience. It was a bargain struck between the Muslim terrorist and the Clinton Administration. Clinton basically struck a deal with them that if they would quit attacking American symbols and interest around the world—– The Cole; US Embassies in Nairobi, Kenya and Dar es Salaam, Tanzania and a host of other attacks; remember, 9-11 was the second attempt to bring the WTC down—– he (Clinton) would remove Slobodan Milosevic from the Balkans thus eliminating one of the obstructions facing the spread of Islam from the near east to mainland Europe. Clinton wasn’t deliberately trying to help the spread of Islam– he was trying to protect his legacy of the Presidency. Repeated terrorist attacks on his watch would be a pox on his legacy,, plus it complicated his effectiveness to push his domestic agendas…
Report Post »Milosevic wasn’t the “Balkan Butcher” that the Clinton Administration and Gen. Clark painted him to be but what he was was an “exposer” of the Muslims in that region for what they were–which is most likely why he died of “Natural Causes” while being held in the Hague before he could ever fully testify on his own behalf…… Chechnya Rebels my rump!! plain old Muslim Jihad Terrorist that cut the heads of their live victims faster than a democrat can waste my money….
let us prey
Posted on October 28, 2011 at 2:33pmI am surprised they showed any of it. We never got the full story on the beheading in Spain, and never had any real information on the killer.
Report Post »FireWolf
Posted on October 28, 2011 at 2:30pmAn islamic extremist attacks a U.S. installation… what a shock.
Next on Action 5 News “How Barrack Hussein Obama grants immunity to a terrorist in order to convict a U.S. Embassy sniper of unlawful use of force… and then, how OWS Protesters champion the cause of the Muslim Brotherhood”
Report Post »LetUsReason
Posted on October 28, 2011 at 3:07pmExactly. If Islam didn’t exist, there wouldn’t really be anything in the news, it seems.
Report Post »blazingaway
Posted on October 28, 2011 at 2:29pmIs there a video of him shooting ?
Report Post »kennebec
Posted on October 28, 2011 at 3:58pmask hillary must be like her earlier visit at the airport plus joe bidens visit under gunshots!!
Report Post »abbygirl1994
Posted on October 28, 2011 at 1:56pmHe can afford a gun.. but not decent pants.. whats with the highwater pants.. maybe he is working undercover?? Seriously.. I think we will be seeing more of this everywhere… and Hillary Clinton wants to allow over 4000 Iranian‘s visa’s to come to our USA! God help us!
Report Post »oldguy49
Posted on October 28, 2011 at 2:08pmuse silver bullet gun oil and let everybody know……..its 17% pork and muslims will not go to paradise unclean…………all our military shoud use and anounce this..!!!
Report Post »deloid
Posted on October 28, 2011 at 1:56pmSuicide by cop and not a “single” round, rather a burst of two or three.
Report Post »TexasHunter
Posted on October 28, 2011 at 1:55pmDropped like a bad habit !! Good Job.
Report Post »momrules
Posted on October 28, 2011 at 1:45pmWouldn‘t it be nice to go back to the times when there wasn’t a story about a Muslim somewhere committing some atrocity on a daily basis? If the story isn’t about them bombing, beheading,shooting or using some other method to kill someone we have them demanding their “rights.“ The ”right”to have Catholic universaries provide prayer space without those pesky Christian icons like the cross being there. Or their “right” for Muslim women to wear full face veils for drivers liscense photos. Or their “right” to demand certain foods and prayers space for them in prison, their “right” to have Sharia law regardless of the country they have invaded. Their “right” not to be offended by thought, word or deed.
As an American and as a Christian I am offended by these people every single day. I wonder what it will take for everyone to wake up and realize that these people will never be satisfied until they have destroyed every decent place on the planet in the name of Allah.
Report Post »Watchingtheweasels
Posted on October 28, 2011 at 1:56pm>Wouldn‘t it be nice to go back to the times when there wasn’t a story about a Muslim somewhere
>committing some atrocity on a daily basis?
You’d have to roll the clock back to before Mohammed was born to pull that off.
Report Post »Slaynfire
Posted on October 28, 2011 at 2:00pmCheck out how peaceful Islam is to the world here. Almost 18,000 deadly terrorist attacks since 9/11
Report Post »It works out to almost 5 a day.
http://thereligionofpeace.com/
Mattyboy
Posted on October 28, 2011 at 2:25pmI agree. Muslims want to conquer the world by the sword. They have not progressed with the rest of the human race. We will be forced into killing these radicals just to survive. I ahte to even have to think this way. They are barbaric and want to cut off heads. This beheading is mentioned in the bible. The anti-christ will order heads to roll amd the muslim religion will gladly accomodate. Lord, please come soon!
Report Post »v12tommy
Posted on October 28, 2011 at 1:42pmBosnia gets it done. No US citizens were hurt, stupid terrorist gets to meet his maker, no “3 hots and a cot,” no lengthy drawn out trial, no live news on the scene, etc. Just think of how much money they saved their citizens.
Of course the really funny part is with all the violence in Libya, Iraq, Afghanistan, Somalia, the killing of Osama Bin Laden and that guy in Yemen, I’m sure paradise ran out of virgins a long time ago. They all did it for nothing!!!
Report Post »bum
Posted on October 28, 2011 at 1:34pmGreat, another 50 million we’ll have to spend for his defense trying to prove he actually did it like fort hood. Why didn’t they shoot this sucker in the head?
Report Post »helluvagoodgod
Posted on October 28, 2011 at 1:33pmAnother dead yeehawdist for Is(slum).
Report Post »Walter Zoomie
Posted on October 28, 2011 at 1:33pm@ :58 “Allah Akbar”
Report Post »SpankDaMonkey
Posted on October 28, 2011 at 1:30pm.
Report Post »Not the brightest crayon in that box, now are we?…………..
SpankDaMonkey
Posted on October 28, 2011 at 1:23pm.
Report Post »Someone should have invited that young man to church, he seems a little misguided……
Gonzo
Posted on October 28, 2011 at 1:32pmA snappy dresser though.
Report Post »South Philly Boy
Posted on October 28, 2011 at 1:19pmGood Shot
Report Post »Gonzo
Posted on October 28, 2011 at 1:16pmLooks more like suicide by cop.
Report Post »RLTW
Posted on October 28, 2011 at 1:30pmThat and the insanity of islam.
Report Post »AtoZ
Posted on October 28, 2011 at 1:09pm… back and to the left, back and to the left.
Report Post »meritocracy
Posted on October 28, 2011 at 1:07pmDidn’t we just help fight a war a few years ago and stopped Milosevic from slaughtering the muslims. This is the thanks we get. Tell the muslim community, unless they step up and start policing their own, we will not lift a finger to stop someone from slaughtering muslims in the future.
Report Post »c0mm0nsense
Posted on October 29, 2011 at 11:04amActually we put an arms embargo on them so they could not defend themselfs, as a result they were slautered and buried in mass graves. Think they are happy? The CIA call this “Blow Back”
Report Post »c0mm0nsense
Posted on October 29, 2011 at 11:08amthemselves oops
Report Post »rabblechat
Posted on October 28, 2011 at 1:06pmProbably another one of those crazy christian terrorist. I bet we will find out he was shouting “Jesus is great” the whole time…
Report Post »FaithfulFriend
Posted on October 28, 2011 at 12:59pmAnd that‘s how it’s done, just 10-15 minutes sooner of course.
Report Post »dogpatch65
Posted on October 28, 2011 at 1:06pmReading reports, BBC says he’s an Islamist:
Report Post »http://markamerica.com/2011/10/28/us-embassy-in-sarjevo-attacked-by-gunman/
Mattyboy
Posted on October 28, 2011 at 12:55pmI guess that’s that
Report Post »mike_trivisonno
Posted on October 28, 2011 at 12:51pmAs usual, a muslim engaged in violent Jihad for the sake of Allah, is misscharacterized as a lone “terrorist” doing some sort of nutty unexplainable thing.
Eastern Europe has suffered under Islamic Jihad for centuries and this is only a continuation of the civilizational struggle between Islamic Imperialism and Western Civilization.
The muslims have been turned back again and again but these days it looks as if Europe is just going to allow themselves to be dhimmified.
It is sad to watch this. Even sadder that so few see what is really happening.
Report Post »DonaldH
Posted on October 29, 2011 at 5:40amdhimmified— I had to look it up–glad I did— glad I now know the word—Thank you
Report Post »