FBI: Man fatally shot in Boston bombing probe
Posted on May 22, 2013 at 11:31am
(AP) — The FBI is leaving open the question of who fired the fatal shot that killed a man being questioned by authorities in the Boston bombing probe.
EU leaders discuss fight against tax evasion
Posted on May 22, 2013 at 11:28am
(AP) — European Union leaders on Wednesday sought to advance their fight against tax fraud and close the loopholes for large corporations' tax avoidance schemes.
UK, Denmark eye visas for Afghan interpreters
Posted on May 22, 2013 at 11:26am
(AP) — Britain and Denmark proposed Wednesday to give hundreds of Afghan interpreters who worked alongside their troops the right to settle in the U.K. and Denmark in recognition of the risks they face if they stay in their war-battered homeland.
Oklahoma tornado damage could top $2 billion
Posted on May 22, 2013 at 11:23am
(AP) — The cost of a massive tornado that battered an Oklahoma City suburb could be more than $2 billion, according to a preliminary estimate announced Wednesday by the Oklahoma Insurance Department.
Conn. rail service returns to normal
Posted on May 22, 2013 at 11:22am
(AP) — Regular train service returned to Connecticut on Wednesday, five days after a derailment injured scores of commuters and damaged tracks.
Afghanistan: Suicide bomb kills anti-Taliban elder
Posted on May 22, 2013 at 11:22am
(AP) — Police say a suicide bomber on foot has killed an anti-Taliban village elder and at least three other people in a busy marketplace in central Afghanistan.
US test-launches intercontinental missile
Posted on May 22, 2013 at 11:20am
(AP) — The U.S. Air Force has launched an unarmed intercontinental ballistic missile from a California base, a month after the test flight was postponed because of tensions with North Korea.
Iran's Ahmadinejad denounces election decision
Posted on May 22, 2013 at 11:17am
(AP) — Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad said Wednesday that a decision by election overseers to disqualify his top aide from next month's presidential race is an act of "oppression" and that he will take the case to the country's supreme leader.
Bernanke signals Fed to maintain stimulus efforts
Posted on May 22, 2013 at 11:15am
(AP) — Chairman Ben Bernanke is telling Congress Wednesday that the U.S. job market remains weak and that it is too soon for the Federal Reserve to end its extraordinary stimulus programs.
Iceland forms center-right govt, halts EU talks
Posted on May 22, 2013 at 11:12am
(AP) — The leader of the center-right Progressive Party was chosen as Iceland's new prime minister Wednesday and promptly announced a halt to talks with the European Union about joining the 27-nation bloc.
US auto factories cutting back on summer downtime
Posted on May 22, 2013 at 11:11am
(AP) — The Detroit automakers are largely forgoing the traditional two-week summer break at their factories and speeding up production to meet buyers' growing demand for new cars and trucks.
Judge: Hollister clothing unfriendly to disabled
Posted on May 22, 2013 at 11:09am
(AP) — A federal judge in Denver is considering an injunction after ruling that nearly 250 Abercrombie & Fitch Co. and J.M. Hollister LLC clothing stores are unfriendly to the disabled.
US home sales tick up to highest in 3 ½ years
Posted on May 22, 2013 at 11:08am
(AP) — Sales of previously occupied U.S. homes ticked up last month to the highest level in three and a half years, helped by a jump in the number of houses for sale.
Nick Jonas, Giuliana Rancic to host Miss USA
Posted on May 22, 2013 at 11:08am
(AP) — Donald Trump's Miss USA pageant will be hosted by a Jonas brother and an E! News personality.
AAA: 31.2M drivers to take Memorial Day road trip
Posted on May 22, 2013 at 11:07am
It's going to be another busy Memorial Day weekend on the nation's highways.
IRS official Lerner: 'I did nothing wrong'
Posted on May 22, 2013 at 11:05am
(AP) — The Internal Revenue Service official at the center of the storm over the agency's targeting of conservative groups told Congress on Wednesday that she had done nothing wrong in the episode, and then invoked her constitutional right to refuse to answer lawmakers' questions.
Syrian opposition urges rebels to join key battle
Posted on May 22, 2013 at 11:04am
(AP) — Syria's main opposition alliance on Wednesday urged fighters from around the country to reinforce a rebel-held town under attack by President Bashar Assad's troops and their allies from the Lebanese militant Hezbollah group.
Kerry: US, allies, ready to step up aid rebels
Posted on May 22, 2013 at 11:01am
(AP) — Secretary of State John Kerry says the United States and its Arab and European allies will step up their support for Syria's opposition to help them "fight for the freedom of their country" if President Bashar Assad's regime doesn't engage in peace talks in good faith.
Hosseini discusses new novel at NYC reading
Posted on May 22, 2013 at 10:58am
(AP) — Khaled Hosseini, whose novels have sold more than 38 million copies worldwide, knows what a lucky man he is.
EU bid to label Hezbollah wing terror group
Posted on May 22, 2013 at 10:57am
(AP) — The European Union is reassessing whether to declare the Lebanese party Hezbollah's military wing a terrorist organization, a move it has long shied from despite pressure from the United States, officials said Wednesday.
- ‘The Daily Show’ Creator Makes Outrageously Offensive Anti-Conservative Joke About Okla. Tornado 466 Comments
- Washington Times Writer: Fox News Scandal Goes ‘Much Deeper,’ W.H. Sitting on Something Top Obama Aides ‘Terrified’ About 440 Comments
- University Will Investigate Christian Professor’s Intelligent Design Class Following Atheist Furor 325 Comments
- Why Were DHS Agents Seemingly Monitoring Multiple Tea Party IRS Protests Across the Country on Tuesday? 324 Comments
- More Than $1 Million Raised Through Mercury One for Oklahoma Tornado Relief 263 Comments
- Teacher Admits She ‘Prayed Out Loud’ During Violent Tornado: ‘I Did the Teacher Thing that We’re Probably Not Supposed to Do’ Read More
- Farrakhan Talks of ‘Satanic Jews’ and ‘Synagogue of Satan’ at Detroit Church Speech — but Wait Until You Hear Who Was in Attendance 150 Comments
- Biden Praises Jewish Leaders for Helping Change Americans’ Views on Gay Marriage Read More
- ‘Death! You F**k!’: Bat Mitzvah Chaperone Unleashes Explosive, Profanity-Laced Tirade Against Kids Over Candy-Throwing Incident Read More
- How Can God Let Tragedies Like the Okla. Tornado Exist? Pastors Weigh In 199 Comments
- Ex-Cincinnati IRS Manager: This Was Not the Work of ‘Low-Level’ Employees Read More
- China Sets off What Could Be the World’s Longest Demolition Read More
- Here are the 5 Most Interesting Moments from Tuesday’s Hearing on the IRS Scandal 139 Comments
- Jay Carney Shifts IRS Timeline (Again!) 106 Comments
- Top IRS Official at Center of Political Targeting Scandal Will Plead the Fifth 144 Comments
- The Incredible Role Facebook Played in the Aftermath of Devastating Okla. Tornado Read More
- Tech Company Demonstrates Remote Disabling of a ‘Smart Gun’ Read More
- Meet the Blind Man Nicknamed ‘Midnight Gunslinger’ Who Has 80% Shot Accuracy Read More
- How a $4.5 Million Network of 181 Sirens Helped Save Lives in Oklahoma Twister Read More
- See the Record-Setting Python a Man Caught With His Bare Hands (and Guess How Much It Weighed) Read More
- FBI: Man fatally shot in Boston bombing probe
- EU leaders discuss fight against tax evasion
- UK, Denmark eye visas for Afghan interpreters
- Oklahoma tornado damage could top $2 billion
- Conn. rail service returns to normal
- Afghanistan: Suicide bomb kills anti-Taliban elder
- US test-launches intercontinental missile
- Iran's Ahmadinejad denounces election decision