JC Chandor gains a Cannes hit with 'All Is Lost'
Posted on May 24, 2013 at 4:59am
(AP) — J.C. Chandor may just have saved someone's life during an interview in Cannes.
Britain braces for possible copycat attacks
Posted on May 24, 2013 at 4:57am
(AP) — Britain is bracing for clashes with right-wing extremists and possible copycat terror attacks after the slaying of a young soldier, adding some 1,200 police to potential trouble spots.
Jury in Arias case gives up after no consensus
Posted on May 24, 2013 at 4:51am
(AP) — As jurors in Jodi Arias' murder trial filed one by one from the courtroom after a dramatic five months of gut-wrenching testimony and gruesome photographs, three women on the panel cried and one looked to the victim's family, mouthing the word, "Sorry."
Syrian state media: Rebels attack prison in north
Posted on May 24, 2013 at 4:42am
(AP) — Syria's state media say rebels have fired mortar shells at the central prison in an embattled northern city, killing and wounding several inmates.
I-5 bridge collapse survivor: 'You hold on'
Posted on May 24, 2013 at 4:40am
(AP) — Dan Sligh and his wife were in their pickup truck on Interstate 5 heading to a camping trip when a bridge before them disappeared in a "big puff of dust."
No guarantee of peace, NKorean envoy warns China
Posted on May 24, 2013 at 4:32am
(AP) — China's state media says an envoy from North Korean leader Kim Jong Un has warned there is no guarantee of peace on the Korean Peninsula, but also stressed that his country is willing to hold talks with all sides to find a solution.
German business confidence unexpectedly rebounds
Posted on May 24, 2013 at 4:29am
(AP) — A closely watched survey shows that German business confidence rebounded this month — an unexpectedly strong showing that sends a hopeful signal for Europe's biggest economy.
Syrian govt to take part in peace conference
Posted on May 24, 2013 at 4:27am
(AP) — The Syrian government has agreed to a conference on the country's future proposed by Russia and the United States, Russia's foreign ministry said Friday
Plastic ocean debris the target of new Calif. bill
Posted on May 24, 2013 at 4:15amUpdated on May 24, 2013 at 4:17am
(AP) — It's a common sight on the nation's beaches: among the sand, sea foam and gnarled kelp lay plastic bottles, bags and other garbage.
Obama addressing Naval Academy graduates 2nd time
Posted on May 24, 2013 at 4:08am
(AP) — A day after laying out his counterterrorism vision, President Barack Obama is addressing future military leaders who could help carry it out in a speech to U.S. Naval Academy graduates.
Older brother held in deaths of 2 younger siblings
Posted on May 24, 2013 at 4:03amUpdated on May 24, 2013 at 4:05am
(AP) — A 15-year-old boy is in custody after authorities investigating the stabbing deaths of his younger adopted brothers found him miles away with traces of blood on him, officials said.
Syria govt to take part in peace conference
Posted on May 24, 2013 at 3:58am
(AP) — Russia's foreign ministry says the Syrian government has agreed to a conference on the country's future proposed by Russia and the United States.
Quick's LA Kings put Sharks on brink with 3-0 win
Posted on May 24, 2013 at 3:49am
(AP) — The Los Angeles Kings haven't lost a home game in two months, and the San Jose Sharks gave nothing close to the effort necessary to snap the champions' streak in Game 5.
Some unions now angry about health care overhaul
Posted on May 24, 2013 at 3:48am
(AP) — Some labor unions that initially backed President Barack Obama's health care overhaul are now frustrated and angry about what they say are unexpected consequences of the plan that could hurt their members.
IRS replaces official who revealed targeting
Posted on May 24, 2013 at 3:41am
(AP) — The Internal Revenue Service official who publicly revealed that the agency targeted tea party groups has been replaced.
Obama balances threats against Americans' rights
Posted on May 24, 2013 at 3:39am
(AP) — Forecasting the changing nature of threats against the U.S. for years to come, President Barack Obama says "America is at a crossroads." And so, too, is his presidency's counterterrorism policy, which has long struggled to balance protecting the nation from terror attacks while upholding Americans' rights.
Colonial member Palmer has 1st-round lead with 62
Posted on May 24, 2013 at 3:29am
(AP) — Ryan Palmer has a definite home-course advantage at the Colonial.
Rangers top Bruins in OT, force Game 5 in Boston
Posted on May 24, 2013 at 3:28am
(AP) — During a sluggish first period, a difficult second period, and a tense third period, there were few signs the New York Rangers would be able to hold off the Boston Bruins and extend their season for at least one more game.
Blackhawks hope to rally from 3-1 series deficit
Posted on May 24, 2013 at 3:26amUpdated on May 24, 2013 at 3:28am
(AP) — The Chicago Blackhawks began the year with a record-breaking start.
Safe room mandates remain rare in tornado states
Posted on May 24, 2013 at 3:19amUpdated on May 24, 2013 at 3:28am
(AP) — After living nearly 20 years in their one-story brick home, Sherry and Larry Wells finally won the lottery — for a state rebate on a home storm shelter, that is. A contractor finished installing the concrete bunker beneath the slab of their garage in early May. About three weeks later, the shelter saved their lives when a tornado that killed 24 people tore through their neighborhood.
- Shock Video Surfaces: Meat Cleaver-Wielding Man Shouts ‘You People Will Never Be Safe!’ Moments After Gruesome London Attack 508 Comments
- Confusion Erupts in IRS Hearing After Lois Lerner Tries to Plead the 5th — Watch It All Unfold 470 Comments
- Pope Francis’ Sermon Sparks Debate: ‘Even the Atheists’ Have Been Redeemed ‘With the Blood of Christ’ 424 Comments
- The Tense Exchange Between Rep. Trey Gowdy and the Former IRS Head You’ve Been Waiting for…and It Doesn’t Disappoint 391 Comments
- John McCain Lectures Tea Party Senator on How ‘Business’ Gets Done in Congress: ‘That’s What We’ve Been Doing for a Couple Hundred Years’ 382 Comments
- ‘I Swear I Will Kill You…F**k You’: Conservative Comedian Gets Death Threats Following Anti-Muhammad Video 113 Comments
- ‘We…Aren’t Going to Take S**t From Homophobes’: Mysterious Pro-Firearm Ads Use Gays, Seemingly Topless Lesbians to Rail Against Gun Control 211 Comments
- Beck Issues Challenge to People of Faith in Wake of Okla. Tornado: ‘What Have You Done?’ Read More
- ‘Islamic Jihad, Islamic Jihad!: Michelle Malkin Rips Progressives, Clashes With Lib Radio Host Over Islamic Terrorism and the London Machete Attack 142 Comments
- Venezuelan President Blames Toilet Paper Shortage on the Rich Read More
- This Terrible Chart Shows the Change in Food Stamp Participation Over the Last 10 Years Read More
- Disney Makes Absolutely Mortifying Photoshop Mistake Read More
- Trey Gowdy at It Again — This Time with a Jack Bauer Reference! 109 Comments
- Emails Released: Congress Was Asking for Updates on IG’s IRS Audit Before 2012 Election Read More
- The Incredible Role Facebook Played in the Aftermath of Devastating Okla. Tornado Read More
- Tech Company Demonstrates Remote Disabling of a ‘Smart Gun’ 129 Comments
- Meet the Blind Man Nicknamed ‘Midnight Gunslinger’ Who Has 80% Shot Accuracy Read More
- How a $4.5 Million Network of 181 Sirens Helped Save Lives in Oklahoma Twister Read More
- See the Record-Setting Python a Man Caught With His Bare Hands (and Guess How Much It Weighed) Read More
- JC Chandor gains a Cannes hit with 'All Is Lost'
- Britain braces for possible copycat attacks
- Jury in Arias case gives up after no consensus
- Syrian state media: Rebels attack prison in north
- I-5 bridge collapse survivor: 'You hold on'
- No guarantee of peace, NKorean envoy warns China
- German business confidence unexpectedly rebounds
- Syrian govt to take part in peace conference