China's Xi will meet Obama earlier than expected
Posted on May 21, 2013 at 5:53am
(AP) — China's new leader Xi Jinping will confer with President Barack Obama next month in California, months earlier than expected, as both sides seek to stem a drift in relations, troubled by issues from cyberspying to North Korea.
World stocks mixed ahead of Fed statements
Posted on May 21, 2013 at 5:36am
(AP) — World stock markets were mixed Tuesday as investors waited for the U.S. Federal Reserve to telegraph what it plans to do next with its economic stimulus program.
Justin Bieber's monkey to become German property
Posted on May 21, 2013 at 5:34am
(AP) — Justin Bieber's pet monkey is set to become the property of Germany.
Syria says it destroys Israeli vehicle in Golan
Posted on May 21, 2013 at 5:31am
(AP) — The Syrian military says it has destroyed an Israeli vehicle that crossed the ceasefire line in the Golan Heights.
How the French economy compares to Germany's, UK's
Posted on May 21, 2013 at 5:25am
(AP) — Here's how the struggling French economy stacks up compared to Germany's and Britain's.
Does France have right plan to revive its economy?
Posted on May 21, 2013 at 5:24am
(AP) — The man charged with reviving France's shrinking economy and attracting businesses to invest there is gaining a reputation for doing the opposite.
Myanmar Muslims jailed for killing Buddhist monk
Posted on May 21, 2013 at 5:19am
(AP) — A Myanmar court sentenced seven Muslims to prison — one of them to a life term — in the killing of a Buddhist monk amid deadly sectarian violence that was overwhelmingly directed against minority Muslims but has produced no serious charges against the members of the country's Buddhist majority.
Syrian army says it has destroyed an Israeli vehicle that crossed Golan Heights ceasefire line
Posted on May 21, 2013 at 5:16am
(AP) — Syrian army says it has destroyed an Israeli vehicle that crossed Golan Heights ceasefire line.
China's Li seeks stronger economic ties with India
Posted on May 21, 2013 at 5:14am
(AP) — Chinese Premier Li Keqiang told Indian business leaders Tuesday that developing stronger economic ties between their two nations would have huge benefits for both sides.
Crews dig through night after deadly Okla. twister
Posted on May 21, 2013 at 5:13am
(AP) — Spotlights bore down on massive piles of shredded cinder block, insulation and metal as crews worked through the night early Tuesday lifting bricks and parts of collapsed walls where a monstrous tornado barreled through the Oklahoma City suburbs, demolishing an elementary school and reducing homes to piles of splintered wood. At least 51 people were killed, including at least 20 children, and those numbers were expected to climb, officials said.
British inflation eases by more than expected
Posted on May 21, 2013 at 5:00am
(AP) — Official figures show that consumer price inflation in Britain eased in April, largely on the back of lower fuel prices and airfares.
AP photographer describes destroyed Okla. school
Posted on May 21, 2013 at 4:58am
(AP) — I left the office as soon as I saw the tornado warnings on TV. I had photographed about a dozen twisters before in the past decade, and knew that if I didn't get in my car before the funnel cloud hit, it would be too late.
Death in Zimbabwe results in unusual US charge
Posted on May 21, 2013 at 4:43amUpdated on May 21, 2013 at 4:44am
(AP) — The facts laid out by prosecutors are plain: In 2008, a U.S. government employee on assignment in Zimbabwe drove through the capital of Harare in his government-issued Toyota Land Cruiser and struck and killed a 34-year-old Zimbabwe man.
Owner: Chinese boat's captain beaten by NKoreans
Posted on May 21, 2013 at 4:41am
(AP) — The owner of a Chinese fishing boat seized for more than two weeks by armed North Koreans says the captors wore military uniforms, and that they beat up the boat's captain and stole its fuel.
Officials: More attacks in Iraq; 7 killed
Posted on May 21, 2013 at 4:38amUpdated on May 21, 2013 at 4:40am
(AP) — Officials say new attacks in Iraq have killed seven people and wounded dozens.
In tornado's wake, worried parents seek out kids
Posted on May 21, 2013 at 4:22amUpdated on May 21, 2013 at 4:25am
(AP) — The parents and guardians stood in the muddy grass outside a suburban Oklahoma City church, listening intently as someone with a bullhorn called out the names of children who were being dropped off — survivors of Monday's deadly tornado.
Chinese fishing boat, crew released by North Korea
Posted on May 21, 2013 at 4:19am
(AP) — A Chinese boat and 16 fishermen seized for ransom by armed North Koreans more than two weeks ago were released Tuesday, easing the latest irritant in relations between the neighboring allies.
Head of embattled G4S security force retires
Posted on May 21, 2013 at 4:19am
(AP) — The chief executive of security firm G4S is to retire after a tumultuous year that saw the company fail to fulfill its Olympic contract.
Former IRS commissioner heads to Hill amid scandal
Posted on May 21, 2013 at 3:33am
(AP) — The former head of the Internal Revenue Service heads to Capitol Hill on Tuesday, giving lawmakers their first opportunity to question the man who ran the agency when agents were improperly targeting tea party groups.
Policy, discretion guide media sources probes
Posted on May 21, 2013 at 3:32am
(AP) — It was a rare moment in relations between the media and the government: In 2008, FBI Director Robert Mueller called the top editors at The New York Times and The Washington Post to apologize because the bureau had improperly obtained reporters' telephone records four years earlier.
- ‘Bigoted, Religious [Zealots]‘: High School Senior Allegedly Expelled, Charged With Felonies Over Gay Relationship With ‘Consenting’ Fellow Student 846 Comments
- White House: ‘Irrelevant Fact’ Where Obama Was During Benghazi 348 Comments
- Washington Times Writer: Fox News Scandal Goes ‘Much Deeper,’ W.H. Sitting on Something Top Obama Aides ‘Terrified’ About 276 Comments
- CNN Poll: Obama’s Approval Rating Unchanged Since Scandals Hit 242 Comments
- ‘The Daily Show’ Creator Makes Outrageously Offensive Anti-Conservative Joke About Okla. Tornado 230 Comments
- Beck and Mercury One Head to Oklahoma to Launch Tornado Relief Effort Read More
- University Will Investigate Christian Professor’s Intelligent Design Class Following Atheist Furor 164 Comments
- Israeli Motorists Shocked When Nazi Flag Seen Flying Near Palestinian Mosque Read More
- Did Christian Prayers at Gov’t Meetings in This NY Town Violate the Constitution? 177 Comments
- ‘In the End, Everything Will Be Claimed’: Creator of First 3D-Printed Gun Highlights Creeping Gov’t Control of Technology Read More
- Sebelius’ Controversial Fundraising Efforts Raise Concerns, Allegedly Chase Away Potential Donors Read More
- See All the Viral Backlash Abercrombie & Fitch Has Received for Its CEO’s Comments From Years Ago That Resurfaced Again Read More
- Is This the ‘Smoking Gun’ That Ties the IRS Scandal to the White House? 182 Comments
- Monday Morning Market Roundup: Not Off to Such a Great Start Read More
- This Teen’s Invention Means You Could Charge Your Cellphone in Less Than 30 Seconds Read More
- One of the Most Unlikely Animals Being Trained to Hunt Land Mines Read More
- Woman Who Lost All Limbs to Flesh-Eating Bacteria Gets $200K Bionic Arms Read More
- Why Are These Zoo Keepers Baffled by This Anteater’s Babies? Read More
- Largest Lunar Explosion in NASA History Caught on Video 139 Comments
- Who Has More Viewers…President Obama’s Weekly Address Or The Daily Blazecast?
- Most people don’t think the DOJ was trying to bully the media by secretly taking reporters’ phone records
- Greta Van Susteren says DOJ ‘lucky’ they didn’t hack her emails
- Media Matters has no idea what to do with itself right now
- Caption that photo!: the winner
- China's Xi will meet Obama earlier than expected
- World stocks mixed ahead of Fed statements
- Justin Bieber's monkey to become German property
- Syria says it destroys Israeli vehicle in Golan
- How the French economy compares to Germany's, UK's
- Does France have right plan to revive its economy?
- Myanmar Muslims jailed for killing Buddhist monk
- Syrian army says it has destroyed an Israeli vehicle that crossed Golan Heights ceasefire line