State media shows NKorea has new military chief
Posted on May 21, 2013 at 11:52pm
(AP) — A North Korean state media dispatch shows that leader Kim Jong Un has named a hardline general as his new military chief.
Paille's goal puts Bruins on verge of East finals
Posted on May 21, 2013 at 11:52pm
(AP) — It took 40 years for Original Six rivals Boston and New York to face off again in the playoffs.
Aretha Franklin taking June off, postponing shows
Posted on May 21, 2013 at 11:51pm
(AP) — Aretha Franklin is taking off the month of June.
State media dispatch shows North Korea has named hardline general as new military chief
Posted on May 21, 2013 at 11:44pm
(AP) — State media dispatch shows North Korea has named hardline general as new military chief.
Portland, Ore., rejecting water fluoridation
Posted on May 21, 2013 at 11:43pm
(AP) — Residents are voting to keep Portland, Ore., as the largest U.S. city without fluoride in the water or any plans to add it.
North Korean leader sends 'special envoy' to China
Posted on May 21, 2013 at 11:42pm
(AP) — North Korean leader Kim Jong Un dispatched a high-profile official and close confidant to travel to China on Wednesday as a special envoy while Beijing is under pressure to rein in its belligerent neighbor.
10 Things to Know for Wednesday
Posted on May 21, 2013 at 11:40pm
Your daily look at late-breaking news, upcoming events and the stories that will be talked about Wednesday:
Singer Kellie Pickler named new 'Dancing' champ
Posted on May 21, 2013 at 11:34pm
(AP) — Kellie Pickler came into the final "Dancing With the Stars" episode in second place but finished in first.
Veteran DB Charles Woodson returns to Raiders
Posted on May 21, 2013 at 11:29pmUpdated on May 21, 2013 at 11:31pm
(AP) — Charles Woodson is coming back home to Oakland.
Asia stocks rise as Fed official backs easy policy
Posted on May 21, 2013 at 11:22pm
(AP) — Asian stock markets were mostly higher Wednesday after investor confidence was boosted by a Federal Reserve official's comments that the U.S. central bank should stick with its super-easy monetary policy.
Garcia apologizes for "fried chicken" remark
Posted on May 21, 2013 at 11:05pm
Sergio Garcia apologized for saying he would "serve fried chicken" while making a joke about having Tiger Woods over for dinner.
Senate panel approves immigration bill
Posted on May 21, 2013 at 11:05pm
(AP) — Far-reaching legislation that grants a chance at citizenship to millions of immigrants living illegally in the United States cleared the Senate Judiciary Committee on a solid bipartisan vote Tuesday night after supporters somberly sidestepped a controversy over the rights of gay spouses.
Garcia, Woods take their shots at each other
Posted on May 21, 2013 at 11:01pm
(AP) — Tiger Woods and Sergio Garcia don't like each other, and they're making no effort to disguise their feelings.
Search for Okla. tornado survivors nearly complete
Posted on May 21, 2013 at 10:54pm
(AP) — Helmeted rescue workers raced Tuesday to complete the search for survivors and the dead in the Oklahoma City suburb where a mammoth tornado destroyed countless homes, cleared lots down to bare red earth and claimed 24 lives, including those of nine children.
Owner: Chinese boat's captain beaten by NKoreans
Posted on May 21, 2013 at 10:46pm
(AP) — Gunmen wearing North Korean military uniforms released a Chinese fishing boat after holding its crew for two weeks, beating up the captain and stealing the vessel's fuel, the boat's owner said. He added that the hijackers did not get the 600,000 yuan ($100,000) ransom they had demanded.
AP PHOTOS: Devastation, reunion in tornado wake
Posted on May 21, 2013 at 10:31pm
Residents sift through the remnants of their homes and parents hug children outside a demolished elementary school. Emergency workers tend to the wounded.
Cavaliers win NBA draft lottery again
Posted on May 21, 2013 at 10:29pmUpdated on May 21, 2013 at 10:30pm
(AP) — What's not to like? Being in the lottery every year.
Portland, Ore., voting on water fluoridation
Posted on May 21, 2013 at 10:23pm
(AP) — Oral health and politics collided Tuesday as Portlanders — proudly nonconformist and environmentally minded — decided whether their city remains the largest in the U.S. without public fluoridation.
North Korea says that a "special envoy" for leader Kim Jong Un has left for China
Posted on May 21, 2013 at 9:47pm
(AP) — North Korea says that a "special envoy" for leader Kim Jong Un has left for China.
Library honors Carole King with US pop music prize
Posted on May 21, 2013 at 9:34pm
(AP) — Carole King isn't done with music — not yet anyway.
- ‘Bigoted, Religious [Zealots]‘: High School Senior Allegedly Expelled, Charged With Felonies Over Gay Relationship With ‘Consenting’ Fellow Student 1,026 Comments
- ‘The Daily Show’ Creator Makes Outrageously Offensive Anti-Conservative Joke About Okla. Tornado 461 Comments
- Washington Times Writer: Fox News Scandal Goes ‘Much Deeper,’ W.H. Sitting on Something Top Obama Aides ‘Terrified’ About 432 Comments
- University Will Investigate Christian Professor’s Intelligent Design Class Following Atheist Furor 307 Comments
- See the First Behind-the-Scenes Photos as Beck and Mercury One Survey the Damage in Okla. 247 Comments
- ‘Death! You F**k!’: Bat Mitzvah Chaperone Unleashes Explosive, Profanity-Laced Tirade Against Kids Over Candy-Throwing Incident Read More
- How Can God Let Tragedies Like the Okla. Tornado Exist? Pastors Weigh In 119 Comments
- Is This Video of Pope Francis Performing an Exorcism? Read More
- Boston Cardinal Snubs Irish PM Over Abortion Support Read More
- Incredible: The Moment a Woman’s Dog Emerges from Rubble During TV Interview Right After She Describes Losing Him 221 Comments
- China Sets off What Could Be the World’s Longest Demolition Read More
- Here are the 5 Most Interesting Moments from Tuesday’s Hearing on the IRS Scandal Read More
- Jay Carney Shifts IRS Timeline (Again!) Read More
- Top IRS Official at Center of Political Targeting Scandal Will Plead the Fifth 131 Comments
- Disgraced IRS Interim Chief Now Fully Admits Knowledge of Planted Question (but Did It Reveal a Past Half-Truth?) Read More
- The Incredible Role Facebook Played in the Aftermath of Devastating Okla. Tornado Read More
- Tech Company Demonstrates Remote Disabling of a ‘Smart Gun’ Read More
- Meet the Blind Man Nicknamed ‘Midnight Gunslinger’ Who Has 80% Shot Accuracy Read More
- How a $4.5 Million Network of 181 Sirens Helped Save Lives in Oklahoma Twister Read More
- See the Record-Setting Python a Man Caught With His Bare Hands (and Guess How Much It Weighed) Read More
- State media shows NKorea has new military chief
- Paille's goal puts Bruins on verge of East finals
- Aretha Franklin taking June off, postponing shows
- State media dispatch shows North Korea has named hardline general as new military chief
- Portland, Ore., rejecting water fluoridation
- North Korean leader sends 'special envoy' to China
- 10 Things to Know for Wednesday
- Singer Kellie Pickler named new 'Dancing' champ