Lawyer: Malaysian accused of rape married the girl
Posted on May 22, 2013 at 11:59pm
(AP) — Prosecutors are pursuing rape charges against a 40-year-old Malaysian who allegedly had sex with a 13-year-old girl and then married her.
LeBron saves Heat at buzzer of Game 1
Posted on May 22, 2013 at 11:55pm
(AP) — LeBron James made a layup as time expired in overtime, and the Miami Heat found a way to beat the Indiana Pacers 103-102 in a wild Game 1 of the Eastern Conference finals Wednesday night.
Building materials blamed in Bangladesh disaster
Posted on May 22, 2013 at 11:51pm
(AP) — A government investigation says poor quality construction materials and building code violations contributed to the collapse of building housing garment factories last month in Bangladesh.
Gov't probe faults construction materials, code violations for Bangladesh building collapse
Posted on May 22, 2013 at 11:49pm
(AP) — Gov't probe faults construction materials, code violations for Bangladesh building collapse.
Okla. tornado damage: Thousands of homes, $1.5-$2B
Posted on May 22, 2013 at 11:44pm
(AP) — The tornado that struck an Oklahoma City suburb this week may have created $2 billion or more in damage as it tore through as many as 13,000 homes, multiple schools and a hospital, officials said Wednesday as they gave the first detailed account of the devastation.
Japanese climber, 80, becomes oldest atop Everest
Posted on May 22, 2013 at 11:42pm
(AP) — A Nepalese official says 80-year-old Japanese mountaineer Yuichiro Miura has become the oldest man to reach the top of Mount Everest.
Nepalese official says 80-year-old Japanese climber becomes oldest man to summit Everest
Posted on May 22, 2013 at 11:30pm
(AP) — Nepalese official says 80-year-old Japanese climber becomes oldest man to summit Everest.
Ford to end auto production in Australia in 2016
Posted on May 22, 2013 at 11:20pm
(AP) — Ford Motor Co. said Thursday it will close its two Australian auto plants, ending production in the country in 2016, amid soaring manufacturing costs and plummeting sales.
Photographer and forester Wayne Miller dies at 94
Posted on May 22, 2013 at 11:17pm
(AP) — Photographer Wayne F. Miller, who created a ground-breaking series of portraits chronicling the lives of black Americans in Chicago after serving with an elite Navy unit that produced some of the most indelible combat images of World War II, died Wednesday. He was 94.
37-year-old man charged in Wash. state ricin scare
Posted on May 22, 2013 at 11:13pm
(AP) — A man was arrested Wednesday in a case involving last week's discovery of a pair of letters containing the deadly poison ricin.
Polish man gets quick face transplant after injury
Posted on May 22, 2013 at 11:07pm
(AP) — A 33-year-old Polish man received a face transplant just three weeks after being disfigured in a workplace accident, in what his doctors said Wednesday is the fastest time frame to date for such an operation. It was Poland's first face transplant.
Asia stocks down as China factory output slips
Posted on May 22, 2013 at 11:03pm
(AP) — Asian stock markets fell Thursday, weighed down by a contraction in China's manufacturing that adds to signs a shaky recovery in the world's No. 2 economy is slowing.
Woods: Garcia comment hurtful, time to move on
Posted on May 22, 2013 at 10:59pm
Sergio Garcia apologized to Tiger Woods for saying he would serve fried chicken if they were to have dinner at the U.S. Open, an ugly addition to nearly two weeks of verbal sparring.
Survey shows China manufacturing contracting
Posted on May 22, 2013 at 10:46pm
(AP) — A survey shows China's manufacturing contracted this month, adding to signs a fragile economic recovery is slowing.
4 Americans killed since 2009 in US drone strikes
Posted on May 22, 2013 at 10:43pmUpdated on May 22, 2013 at 10:45pm
(AP) — The Obama administration acknowledged for the first time Wednesday that four American citizens have been killed in drone strikes in Pakistan and Yemen since 2009. The disclosure to Congress comes on the eve of a major national security speech by President Barack Obama in which he plans to pledge more transparency to Congress in his counterterrorism policy.
Octogenarians race to be oldest Everest climber
Posted on May 22, 2013 at 10:42pm
(AP) — An 80-year-old Japanese extreme skier who climbed Mount Everest five years ago, but just missed becoming the oldest man to reach the summit, is back on the mountain to make another attempt at the title.
Penguins rout Senators 7-3, take 3-1 series lead
Posted on May 22, 2013 at 10:41pm
(AP) — Jarome Iginla and James Neal each scored twice and the Pittsburgh Penguins routed the Ottawa Senators 7-3 on Wednesday night to take a 3-1 lead in the Eastern Conference semifinal series.
1 child dead, 1 missing in Minn. park landslide
Posted on May 22, 2013 at 10:24pm
(AP) — A fourth-grade field trip to a Mississippi River park popular with fossil hunters turned deadly Wednesday when gravel saturated by persistent rain gave way, killing one child and injuring two others. A fourth child was missing.
Weiner launches comeback bid to become NYC mayor
Posted on May 22, 2013 at 10:09pm
(AP) — Anthony Weiner knows there may be a lot of New Yorkers who would never consider voting for him again, but he says he's running for mayor because he wants to bring his ideas to the fore — and win.
Float driver says train seemed still before crash
Posted on May 22, 2013 at 9:59pm
(AP) — The driver of a parade float involved in a train wreck that killed four war veterans in West Texas told investigators the oncoming train appeared to be stationary, and that he didn't notice anything was wrong until he saw people jumping from the float, according to documents released Wednesday.
- Shock Video Surfaces: Meat Cleaver-Wielding Man Shouts ‘You People Will Never Be Safe!’ Moments After Gruesome London Attack 482 Comments
- Why Were DHS Agents Seemingly Monitoring Multiple Tea Party IRS Protests Across the Country on Tuesday? 454 Comments
- Confusion Erupts in IRS Hearing After Lois Lerner Tries to Plead the 5th — Watch It All Unfold 436 Comments
- CNN’s Wolf Blitzer Has Awkward Moment With Okla. Tornado Survivor After Asking If She ‘Thanked the Lord’ 324 Comments
- The Tense Exchange Between Rep. Trey Gowdy and the Former IRS Head You’ve Been Waiting for…and It Doesn’t Disappoint 305 Comments
- Ariz. Lawmaker Surprises Colleagues, Comes Out as an Atheist While Delivering Daily Prayer Read More
- This Is How Texas Politicians Are Fighting Against the Atheist-Led ‘War on Christmas’ Read More
- ‘Unbelievable’: Apparent Thief Leaves $140 & Apology Note on Family’s Doorstep — Find Out Why Read More
- Anti-Gay Bias or Fair Punishment? New Details Emerge About High School Student’s Lesbian Relationship With a Minor 236 Comments
- Comedian’s New Anti-Muhammad Video Excoriates Islamic Prophet, Juxtaposes Him with Jesus: ‘Very Wrong and Twisted’ 146 Comments
- House Votes to Speed up Keystone Pipeline: Here’s Everyone Who Voted for and Against It Read More
- Here are the 7 Most Explosive & Informative Moments from Today’s IRS Hearing Read More
- Foreign Banks Operating on U.S. Soil Have Just Set a Record Read More
- Report: No IRS Workers Have Been Disciplined & Union Says It Hasn’t Been Contacted on Personnel Read More
- The Incredible Role Facebook Played in the Aftermath of Devastating Okla. Tornado Read More
- Tech Company Demonstrates Remote Disabling of a ‘Smart Gun’ 116 Comments
- Meet the Blind Man Nicknamed ‘Midnight Gunslinger’ Who Has 80% Shot Accuracy Read More
- How a $4.5 Million Network of 181 Sirens Helped Save Lives in Oklahoma Twister Read More
- See the Record-Setting Python a Man Caught With His Bare Hands (and Guess How Much It Weighed) Read More
- Lawyer: Malaysian accused of rape married the girl
- LeBron saves Heat at buzzer of Game 1
- Building materials blamed in Bangladesh disaster
- Gov't probe faults construction materials, code violations for Bangladesh building collapse
- Okla. tornado damage: Thousands of homes, $1.5-$2B
- Japanese climber, 80, becomes oldest atop Everest
- Nepalese official says 80-year-old Japanese climber becomes oldest man to summit Everest
- Ford to end auto production in Australia in 2016