Hospitals treat more than 120 after Okla. tornado
Posted on May 20, 2013 at 8:57pm
(AP) — Officials at two hospitals say they're treating more than 120 patients, including about 70 children, after a massive tornado hit suburban Oklahoma City.
Mattingly doesn't feel he's about to be fired
Posted on May 20, 2013 at 8:56pm
(AP) — Beleaguered manager Don Mattingly insisted Monday he doesn't feel he's about to be fired by the Los Angeles Dodgers, and he has no idea whether he needs to win a three-game series against the Milwaukee Brewers to keep his job.
Okla. governor: 'Hearts are broken' for parents wondering about children in tornado
Posted on May 20, 2013 at 8:55pm
(AP) — Okla. governor: 'Hearts are broken' for parents wondering about children in tornado.
Huge tornado hits Oklahoma City suburb, kills 37
Posted on May 20, 2013 at 8:53pm
(AP) — A monstrous tornado at least a half-mile wide roared through the Oklahoma City suburbs Monday, flattening entire neighborhoods and destroying an elementary school with a direct blow as children and teachers huddled against winds up to 200 mph. At least 37 people were killed, and officials said the death toll was expected to rise.
Lew taps government retiree pension fund
Posted on May 20, 2013 at 8:52pm
(AP) — Treasury Secretary Jacob Lew said late Monday he will begin tapping into two government employee retirement funds to buy more time before the U.S. Treasury is faced with the prospect of defaulting on the national debt.
Hospitals treating more than 120 patients after Oklahoma tornado, including about 70 children
Posted on May 20, 2013 at 8:48pm
(AP) — Hospitals treating more than 120 patients after Oklahoma tornado, including about 70 children.
GOP leaders say impeachment talk premature
Posted on May 20, 2013 at 8:43pm
(AP) — The Republican National Committee chairman and a leading conservative, Kentucky Sen. Rand Paul, urged caution Monday for Republican critics calling for President Barack Obama's impeachment, but would not rule out impeachment altogether as new details emerged about the White House's role in the developing scandal at the Internal Revenue Service.
Penn urges US to pressure Bolivia to free US man
Posted on May 20, 2013 at 8:38pm
(AP) — Actor Sean Penn on Monday urged the U.S. government to pressure Bolivia to free an American businessman detained without charge since 2011 in a case that has drawn accusations he was the victim of corrupt local prosecutors.
Judge tosses ex-BP executive's obstruction charge
Posted on May 20, 2013 at 8:35pm
(AP) — A federal judge has dismissed a charge that is the backbone of the case against a former BP executive accused of concealing information from Congress about the amount of oil spewing in 2010 from the company's blown-out well in the Gulf of Mexico.
Boston cardinal skips event over Irish PM's role
Posted on May 20, 2013 at 8:31pmUpdated on May 20, 2013 at 8:33pm
(AP) — Cardinal Sean O'Malley skipped Boston College's commencement Monday to protest its decision to honor Irish Prime Minister Enda Kenny, who backs legislation to permit abortion, and O'Malley's views were echoed outside the ceremony by a few dozen anti-abortion activists.
NYPD stop-and-frisk trial ends; race an issue
Posted on May 20, 2013 at 8:28pm
(AP) — A federal judge must now decide whether the nation's largest police force has been unjustly stopping black and Hispanic men under a polarizing tactic known as stop, question and frisk, and whether changes are needed to department policy, training and supervision.
Conn. lawmakers to seek hearings on derailment
Posted on May 20, 2013 at 8:27pmUpdated on May 20, 2013 at 8:29pm
(AP) — Commuters navigated a patchwork of cars, trains and buses along Connecticut's shoreline Monday, encountering lengthy delays as authorities probed the cause of a train collision that disrupted one of the nation's oldest and most heavily traveled railways.
State medical examiner's office: 37 killed in Oklahoma tornado; death toll expected to rise
Posted on May 20, 2013 at 8:15pm
(AP) — State medical examiner's office: 37 killed in Oklahoma tornado; death toll expected to rise.
Massive tornado roars through Oklahoma City suburb
Posted on May 20, 2013 at 8:09pm
(AP) — A monstrous tornado at least a half-mile wide roared through the Oklahoma City suburbs Monday, flattening entire neighborhoods with winds up to 200 mph, setting buildings on fire and landing a direct blow on an elementary school.
Yahoo looks to regain its cool with Tumblr deal
Posted on May 20, 2013 at 8:07pm
(AP) — After falling woefully out of fashion, Yahoo wants to be cool again while catering to the capitalistic demands of its shareholders. That goal led CEO Marissa Mayer to make a $1.1 billion bet on online blogging forum Tumblr in a risky acquisition that revolves around the vision and instincts of a 26-year-old entrepreneur who dropped out of high school to pursue his dream of bringing more beauty and creativity to the Internet.
2 hospitals treating nearly 60 after Okla. tornado
Posted on May 20, 2013 at 8:06pmUpdated on May 20, 2013 at 8:06pm
(AP) — Officials at two hospitals say they're treating nearly 60 patients, including more than a dozen children, after a massive tornado hit suburban Oklahoma City.
Jackson concert director worked without contract
Posted on May 20, 2013 at 8:03pm
(AP) — Michael Jackson's doctor was not the only person working on the singer's ill-fated "This Is It" tour without a fully executed contract, a corporate attorney for concert promoter AEG Live LLC testified Monday.
Oklahoma twister tracked path of 1999 tornado
Posted on May 20, 2013 at 8:00pm
(AP) — Monday's powerful tornado in suburban Oklahoma City loosely followed the path of a killer twister that slammed the region in May 1999.
Te'o off-limits to media but not Maxim party
Posted on May 20, 2013 at 7:58pm
(AP) — Manti Te'o isn't hiding out. He's just not talking to the media.
Kerry to Mideast to advance struggling Syria plan
Posted on May 20, 2013 at 7:54pm
(AP) — Secretary of State John Kerry is headed back to the Middle East to press his case for peace talks between Syrian rebels and President Bashar Assad's regime amid increasing signs the new U.S. strategy to halt the war is being undermined by Russia.
- ‘Bigoted, Religious [Zealots]‘: High School Senior Allegedly Expelled, Charged With Felonies Over Gay Relationship With ‘Consenting’ Fellow Student 720 Comments
- White House: ‘Irrelevant Fact’ Where Obama Was During Benghazi 338 Comments
- CNN Poll: Obama’s Approval Rating Unchanged Since Scandals Hit 235 Comments
- Report: Obama Administration Apologizes for Another National Security Leak 213 Comments
- ‘Arrogance…Abuse of Power…Rotten to the Core’: Paul Ryan Steamed Over IRS, Benghazi 196 Comments
- University Will Investigate Christian Professor’s Intelligent Design Class Following Atheist Furor Read More
- Israeli Motorists Shocked When Nazi Flag Seen Flying Near Palestinian Mosque Read More
- Did Christian Prayers at Gov’t Meetings in This NY Town Violate the Constitution? 153 Comments
- John Kerry Reportedly Had a Breakfast Meeting With Father of Gaza Flotilla ‘Martyr’ Last Week — and There’s Apparently Picture Evidence 137 Comments
- Sebelius’ Controversial Fundraising Efforts Raise Concerns, Allegedly Chase Away Potential Donors Read More
- See All the Viral Backlash Abercrombie & Fitch Has Received for Its CEO’s Comments From Years Ago That Resurfaced Again Read More
- Is This the ‘Smoking Gun’ That Ties the IRS Scandal to the White House? 167 Comments
- Monday Morning Market Roundup: Not Off to Such a Great Start Read More
- Yahoo Just Bought This Social Networking Site for $1.1B Read More
- This Teen’s Invention Means You Could Charge Your Cellphone in Less Than 30 Seconds Read More
- One of the Most Unlikely Animals Being Trained to Hunt Land Mines Read More
- Woman Who Lost All Limbs to Flesh-Eating Bacteria Gets $200K Bionic Arms Read More
- Why Are These Zoo Keepers Baffled by This Anteater’s Babies? Read More
- Largest Lunar Explosion in NASA History Caught on Video 139 Comments
- Most people don’t think the DOJ was trying to bully the media by secretly taking reporters’ phone records
- Greta Van Susteren says DOJ ‘lucky’ they didn’t hack her emails
- Media Matters has no idea what to do with itself right now
- Caption that photo!: the winner
- ‘A bushel of Pinocchios for IRS’s Lois Lerner’
- Hospitals treat more than 120 after Okla. tornado
- Mattingly doesn't feel he's about to be fired
- Okla. governor: 'Hearts are broken' for parents wondering about children in tornado
- Huge tornado hits Oklahoma City suburb, kills 37
- Lew taps government retiree pension fund
- Hospitals treating more than 120 patients after Oklahoma tornado, including about 70 children
- GOP leaders say impeachment talk premature
- Penn urges US to pressure Bolivia to free US man