Spurs blow late lead, beat Grizzlies 93-89 in OT
Posted on May 22, 2013 at 1:01am
(AP) — When Tony Parker started running low on masterful plays, Tim Duncan was there to take over and lead the San Antonio Spurs to a 2-0 lead in the Western Conference finals.
Sharks tie series with 2-1 win over Kings
Posted on May 22, 2013 at 12:46am
(AP) — Brent Burns helped San Jose jump off to a fast start with his second goal of the postseason and the Sharks tied their second-round series against Los Angeles at two games with a 2-1 victory over the Kings in Game 4 on Tuesday night.
Portland, Ore., rejecting water fluoridation
Posted on May 22, 2013 at 12:37am
(AP) — Early returns showed Portland residents voting to keep their city the largest in the U.S. without fluoride in the water.
North Korea sends leader's special envoy to China
Posted on May 22, 2013 at 12:27am
(AP) — North Korean leader Kim Jong Un dispatched a high-profile official and close confidant to travel to China on Wednesday as a special envoy while Beijing is under pressure to rein in its belligerent neighbor.
Early vote points to close race as LA picks mayor
Posted on May 22, 2013 at 12:19am
(AP) — An early count of mail-in ballots Tuesday pointed to a close race for Los Angeles mayor.
Straily, Cespedes push A's past Rangers 1-0
Posted on May 22, 2013 at 12:15amUpdated on May 22, 2013 at 12:16am
(AP) — Oakland rookie right-hander Dan Straily was well aware of the ace pitcher and the powerful lineup he was facing.
Apple case seen as possible spur to tax action
Posted on May 22, 2013 at 12:06am
(AP) — Now that tech darling Apple Inc. has been dragged front and center into the debate over the U.S. tax code, lawmakers are hoping that the spotlight on such a high-profile company could be the catalyst for Congress to take action to close loopholes or reform the law.
Bernanke testimony to be studied for policy clues
Posted on May 22, 2013 at 12:05am
(AP) — When Ben Bernanke testifies about the U.S. economy Wednesday, the Federal Reserve chairman's words will be examined for any clues that the Fed might soon taper — or increase — its support for the economy.
North Korean leader sends 'special envoy' to China
Posted on May 22, 2013 at 12:03am
State media shows NKorea has new military chief
Posted on May 21, 2013 at 11:52pm
(AP) — A North Korean state media dispatch shows that leader Kim Jong Un has named a hardline general as his new military chief.
Paille's goal puts Bruins on verge of East finals
Posted on May 21, 2013 at 11:52pmUpdated on May 21, 2013 at 11:55pm
(AP) — It took 40 years for Original Six rivals Boston and New York to face off again in the playoffs.
Aretha Franklin taking June off, postponing shows
Posted on May 21, 2013 at 11:51pm
(AP) — Aretha Franklin is taking off the month of June.
State media dispatch shows North Korea has named hardline general as new military chief
Posted on May 21, 2013 at 11:44pm
(AP) — State media dispatch shows North Korea has named hardline general as new military chief.
10 Things to Know for Wednesday
Posted on May 21, 2013 at 11:40pm
Your daily look at late-breaking news, upcoming events and the stories that will be talked about Wednesday:
Singer Kellie Pickler named new 'Dancing' champ
Posted on May 21, 2013 at 11:34pm
(AP) — Kellie Pickler came into the final "Dancing With the Stars" episode in second place but finished in first.
Veteran DB Charles Woodson returns to Raiders
Posted on May 21, 2013 at 11:29pmUpdated on May 21, 2013 at 11:31pm
(AP) — Charles Woodson is coming back home to Oakland.
Asia stocks rise as Fed official backs easy policy
Posted on May 21, 2013 at 11:22pm
(AP) — Asian stock markets were mostly higher Wednesday after investor confidence was boosted by a Federal Reserve official's comments that the U.S. central bank should stick with its super-easy monetary policy.
Garcia apologizes for "fried chicken" remark
Posted on May 21, 2013 at 11:05pmUpdated on May 21, 2013 at 11:05pm
Sergio Garcia apologized for saying he would "serve fried chicken" while making a joke about having Tiger Woods over for dinner.
Senate panel approves immigration bill
Posted on May 21, 2013 at 11:05pm
(AP) — Far-reaching legislation that grants a chance at citizenship to millions of immigrants living illegally in the United States cleared the Senate Judiciary Committee on a solid bipartisan vote Tuesday night after supporters somberly sidestepped a controversy over the rights of gay spouses.
Garcia, Woods take their shots at each other
Posted on May 21, 2013 at 11:01pm
(AP) — Tiger Woods and Sergio Garcia don't like each other, and they're making no effort to disguise their feelings.
- ‘Bigoted, Religious [Zealots]‘: High School Senior Allegedly Expelled, Charged With Felonies Over Gay Relationship With ‘Consenting’ Fellow Student 1,030 Comments
- ‘The Daily Show’ Creator Makes Outrageously Offensive Anti-Conservative Joke About Okla. Tornado 462 Comments
- Washington Times Writer: Fox News Scandal Goes ‘Much Deeper,’ W.H. Sitting on Something Top Obama Aides ‘Terrified’ About 434 Comments
- University Will Investigate Christian Professor’s Intelligent Design Class Following Atheist Furor 309 Comments
- See the First Behind-the-Scenes Photos as Beck and Mercury One Survey the Damage in Okla. 249 Comments
- How Can God Let Tragedies Like the Okla. Tornado Exist? Pastors Weigh In 133 Comments
- Is This Video of Pope Francis Performing an Exorcism? Read More
- Boston Cardinal Snubs Irish PM Over Abortion Support Read More
- Incredible: The Moment a Woman’s Dog Emerges from Rubble During TV Interview Right After She Describes Losing Him 223 Comments
- China Sets off What Could Be the World’s Longest Demolition Read More
- Here are the 5 Most Interesting Moments from Tuesday’s Hearing on the IRS Scandal Read More
- Jay Carney Shifts IRS Timeline (Again!) Read More
- Top IRS Official at Center of Political Targeting Scandal Will Plead the Fifth 132 Comments
- The Incredible Role Facebook Played in the Aftermath of Devastating Okla. Tornado Read More
- Tech Company Demonstrates Remote Disabling of a ‘Smart Gun’ Read More
- Meet the Blind Man Nicknamed ‘Midnight Gunslinger’ Who Has 80% Shot Accuracy Read More
- How a $4.5 Million Network of 181 Sirens Helped Save Lives in Oklahoma Twister Read More
- Spurs blow late lead, beat Grizzlies 93-89 in OT
- Sharks tie series with 2-1 win over Kings
- Portland, Ore., rejecting water fluoridation
- North Korea sends leader's special envoy to China
- Early vote points to close race as LA picks mayor
- Straily, Cespedes push A's past Rangers 1-0
- Apple case seen as possible spur to tax action
- Bernanke testimony to be studied for policy clues