Committee nears final big immigration decisions
Posted on May 21, 2013 at 2:59am
(AP) — The Senate Judiciary Committee hopes to nail down an elusive compromise on high-tech visas and may punt a controversy over gay marriage to the full Senate as it makes final drafting decisions on immigration legislation that grants a shot at citizenship to millions living in the country illegally.
Senate to debate crop insurance in farm bill
Posted on May 21, 2013 at 2:58am
(AP) — The Senate is debating cuts to the federally subsidized crop insurance program as it considers a massive farm bill this week.
Senate panel nears final big immigration decisions
Posted on May 21, 2013 at 2:57am
(AP) — The Senate Judiciary Committee hopes to nail down an elusive compromise on high-tech visas and may punt a controversy over gay marriage to the full Senate as it makes final decisions on immigration legislation giving a shot at citizenship to millions living in the country illegally.
White House says more farm subsidy cuts needed
Posted on May 21, 2013 at 2:56am
(AP) — The Senate is debating cuts to the federal crop insurance program as it considers a massive farm bill this week.
Should we let wunderkinds drop out of high school?
Posted on May 21, 2013 at 2:55am
(AP) — Thomas Sohmers, 17, of Hudson, Mass., has been working at a research lab at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology since he was 13, developing projects ranging from augmented reality eyewear to laser communications systems. This spring, his mom, Penny Mills, let him drop out of 11th grade. She says she "could see how much of the work he was doing at school wasn't relevant to what he wanted to learn."
Anti-IRS protest planned at Ohio federal building
Posted on May 21, 2013 at 2:44am
(AP) — Tea party activists want to show their unhappiness over extra IRS scrutiny with protest rallies.
Slow pokes: Acupuncture helps hypothermic turtles
Posted on May 21, 2013 at 2:42am
(AP) — Two endangered sea turtles that are shells of their former selves after getting stranded on Cape Cod during a cold spell are getting some help easing back into the wild — from an acupuncturist.
Roadside bomb kills 6 policemen in Afghanistan
Posted on May 21, 2013 at 2:42am
(AP) — An Afghan official says a powerful roadside bomb has killed six policemen in the country's west.
Killing of gay man in NYC draws protesters
Posted on May 21, 2013 at 2:40am
(AP) — The killing of a gay man who police say was taunted with homophobic slurs drew thousands of people to the scene of the crime to restore a sense of safety to one of the nation's most gay-friendly neighborhoods.
Easier travel ahead for Conn. commuters
Posted on May 21, 2013 at 2:37am
(AP) — Commuters facing long delays after a train collision disrupted their route along Connecticut's shoreline can look forward to easier traveling.
Giants' Vogelsong wins at last but injures hand
Posted on May 21, 2013 at 2:35am
(AP) — Ryan Vogelsong felt the best he had in months, then it all ended on one painful swing.
Nats reliever breaks pitching hand punching locker
Posted on May 21, 2013 at 2:35am
(AP) — Nationals reliever Ryan Mattheus has broken his pitching hand punching a locker in frustration following a rocky outing.
Myanmar Muslims jailed for killing Buddhist monk
Posted on May 21, 2013 at 2:32am
(AP) — Six Muslim men and one minor have been sentenced to jail terms ranging from life to two years in prison for involvement in the killing of a Buddhist monk during sectarian violence in central Myanmar.
Muslim gets life in prison, 6 get lesser terms for killing of Buddhist monk in Myanmar strife
Posted on May 21, 2013 at 2:24am
(AP) — Muslim gets life in prison, 6 get lesser terms for killing of Buddhist monk in Myanmar strife.
Marquis wins 5th straight, Padres beat Cards 4-2
Posted on May 21, 2013 at 2:11am
(AP) — At age 34, Jason Marquis is pitching as smart as ever.
51 killed in Okla. tornado; toll expected to rise
Posted on May 21, 2013 at 2:07amUpdated on May 21, 2013 at 2:15am
(AP) — The Oklahoma Medical Examiner's Office says the official death toll in the aftermath of a massive tornado that slammed the Oklahoma City area remains at 51 but is expected to rise.
Giants RHP Vogelsong breaks hand, out 4-6 weeks
Posted on May 21, 2013 at 2:02am
(AP) — Giants right-hander Ryan Vogelsong has broken his pitching hand while batting against the Washington Nationals.
Oil price rises to near $97 per barrel
Posted on May 21, 2013 at 1:37am
(AP) — The price of oil rose toward $97 per barrel Tuesday, but gains were checked as investors waited for the Federal Reserve's latest views on the U.S. economy.
Asia stocks fall ahead of Fed statements
Posted on May 21, 2013 at 1:15am
(AP) — Asian stock markets fell Tuesday as investors waited for the U.S. Federal Reserve to telegraph what it plans to do next with its economic stimulus program.
Sports world keeps eye on Oklahoma tornado
Posted on May 21, 2013 at 1:07amUpdated on May 21, 2013 at 1:08am
The massive tornado that ripped through a handful of Oklahoma City suburbs and killed at least 50 people grabbed the attention of the sports world on Monday, especially the players and coaches with ties to the area.
- ‘Bigoted, Religious [Zealots]‘: High School Senior Allegedly Expelled, Charged With Felonies Over Gay Relationship With ‘Consenting’ Fellow Student 829 Comments
- White House: ‘Irrelevant Fact’ Where Obama Was During Benghazi 348 Comments
- Washington Times Writer: Fox News Scandal Goes ‘Much Deeper,’ W.H. Sitting on Something Top Obama Aides ‘Terrified’ About 264 Comments
- CNN Poll: Obama’s Approval Rating Unchanged Since Scandals Hit 241 Comments
- Report: Obama Administration Apologizes for Another National Security Leak 214 Comments
- Beck and Mercury One Head to Oklahoma to Launch Tornado Relief Effort Read More
- University Will Investigate Christian Professor’s Intelligent Design Class Following Atheist Furor 161 Comments
- Israeli Motorists Shocked When Nazi Flag Seen Flying Near Palestinian Mosque Read More
- Did Christian Prayers at Gov’t Meetings in This NY Town Violate the Constitution? 177 Comments
- ‘In the End, Everything Will Be Claimed’: Creator of First 3D-Printed Gun Highlights Creeping Gov’t Control of Technology Read More
- Sebelius’ Controversial Fundraising Efforts Raise Concerns, Allegedly Chase Away Potential Donors Read More
- See All the Viral Backlash Abercrombie & Fitch Has Received for Its CEO’s Comments From Years Ago That Resurfaced Again Read More
- Is This the ‘Smoking Gun’ That Ties the IRS Scandal to the White House? 181 Comments
- Monday Morning Market Roundup: Not Off to Such a Great Start Read More
- This Teen’s Invention Means You Could Charge Your Cellphone in Less Than 30 Seconds Read More
- One of the Most Unlikely Animals Being Trained to Hunt Land Mines Read More
- Woman Who Lost All Limbs to Flesh-Eating Bacteria Gets $200K Bionic Arms Read More
- Why Are These Zoo Keepers Baffled by This Anteater’s Babies? Read More
- Largest Lunar Explosion in NASA History Caught on Video 139 Comments
- Who Has More Viewers…President Obama’s Weekly Address Or The Daily Blazecast?
- Most people don’t think the DOJ was trying to bully the media by secretly taking reporters’ phone records
- Greta Van Susteren says DOJ ‘lucky’ they didn’t hack her emails
- Media Matters has no idea what to do with itself right now
- Caption that photo!: the winner
- Committee nears final big immigration decisions
- Senate to debate crop insurance in farm bill
- Senate panel nears final big immigration decisions
- White House says more farm subsidy cuts needed
- Should we let wunderkinds drop out of high school?
- Anti-IRS protest planned at Ohio federal building
- Slow pokes: Acupuncture helps hypothermic turtles
- Roadside bomb kills 6 policemen in Afghanistan