Oklahoma tornado damage could top $2 billion
Posted on May 22, 2013 at 10:59am
(AP) — The Oklahoma Insurance Department says a preliminary damage estimate could top $2 billion for the tornado that hit the Oklahoma City suburb of Moore.
Hosseini discusses new novel at NYC reading
Posted on May 22, 2013 at 10:58am
(AP) — Khaled Hosseini, whose novels have sold more than 38 million copies worldwide, knows what a lucky man he is.
EU bid to label Hezbollah wing terror group
Posted on May 22, 2013 at 10:57am
(AP) — The European Union is reassessing whether to declare the Lebanese party Hezbollah's military wing a terrorist organization, a move it has long shied from despite pressure from the United States, officials said Wednesday.
Stocks surge as Bernanke retains dovish ton
Posted on May 22, 2013 at 10:56am
(AP) — Federal Reserve Chairman Ben Bernanke's signal that monetary policy will remain loose gave stocks another lift Wednesday, paving the way for many indexes to advance to new record highs.
Closings arguments begin at Donald Trump trial
Posted on May 22, 2013 at 10:56am
(AP) — An attorney for an 87-year-old grandmother who accuses Donald Trump of cheating her in a condo deal has told jurors the "Apprentice" star lied on the witness stand.
Lowe's 1Q profit rises, but results miss Street
Posted on May 22, 2013 at 10:56am
(AP) — Lowe's said Wednesday that its first-quarter net income rose nearly 3 percent, but results fell short of expectations as rainy weather hurt spring gardening sales.
Oklahoma Insurance Department says preliminary tornado damage estimate could top $2 billion
Posted on May 22, 2013 at 10:51am
(AP) — Oklahoma Insurance Department says preliminary tornado damage estimate could top $2 billion.
Malawi finds buyer for presidential jet
Posted on May 22, 2013 at 10:49am
(AP) — Malawi's cost-cutting president is selling her predecessor's jet.
North Korean leader sends special envoy to China
Posted on May 22, 2013 at 10:46am
(AP) — After months of ignoring Chinese warnings to give up nuclear weapons, North Korean leader Kim Jong Un sent a high-level confidant to Beijing on Wednesday, in a possible effort to mend strained ties with his country's most important ally and a sign that he may be giving diplomacy a chance.
More doctors, hospitals using electronic records
Posted on May 22, 2013 at 10:45am
(AP) — The Obama administration says more doctors and hospitals are embracing technology as adoption of computerized medical records reaches a "tipping point" in America.
Iceland forms center-right govt, halts EU talks
Posted on May 22, 2013 at 10:41am
(AP) — The leader of Iceland's center-right Progressive Party was chosen as the island nation's new prime minister Wednesday and promptly announced a halt to talks with the European Union about Iceland joining the 27-nation bloc.
Pope issues first appeal for Chinese Catholics
Posted on May 22, 2013 at 10:40am
(AP) — Pope Francis has issued his first appeal directed at Catholics in China, long the source of concern for his predecessor Benedict XVI.
Pakistani cricket star politician leaves hospital
Posted on May 22, 2013 at 10:39am
(AP) — Pakistani cricket star-turned-politician Imran Khan left a hospital Wednesday, more than two weeks after he suffered serious back injuries in a fall from a forklift at a campaign event, a spokesman said.
Boy Scout leaders to vote on lifting gay ban
Posted on May 22, 2013 at 10:38am
(AP) — The Boy Scouts of America will convene a two-day meeting of 1,400 local leaders to consider changing its long-standing ban on openly gay boys in the scouting movement.
Aretha Franklin taking June off, postponing shows
Posted on May 22, 2013 at 10:37am
(AP) — Aretha Franklin is taking off the month of June.
Monroe's photos for Prague exhibition stolen
Posted on May 22, 2013 at 10:36am
(AP) — A publicist for an upcoming Marilyn Monroe exhibition in Prague says that photographs of the star have been stolen.
Okla. mayor wants to require tornado shelters
Posted on May 22, 2013 at 10:35am
(AP) — The mayor of the Oklahoma City suburb battered by a monstrous tornado says he is pushing to require safe-room shelters in all new homes.
Stocks rise on Fed stimulus hopes, home sales
Posted on May 22, 2013 at 10:34am
(AP) — Stocks are moving higher Wednesday morning after Federal Reserve Chairman Ben Bernanke said it was too soon for the central bank to pull back on its massive economic stimulus programs.
Irishman charged with 1982 IRA Hyde Park bombing
Posted on May 22, 2013 at 10:34amUpdated on May 22, 2013 at 10:36am
(AP) — British prosecutors have charged a 61-year-old Irishman with the Irish Republican Army bombing of the queen's cavalry in Hyde Park in 1982, a strike at a top London tourist attraction that killed four soldiers and seven horses.
IRS official Lerner: I did nothing wrong
Posted on May 22, 2013 at 10:33am
(AP) — The Internal Revenue Service official at the center of the storm over the agency's targeting of conservative groups has told Congress she did nothing wrong and has invoked her constitutional right to not answer lawmakers' questions.
- ‘The Daily Show’ Creator Makes Outrageously Offensive Anti-Conservative Joke About Okla. Tornado 465 Comments
- Washington Times Writer: Fox News Scandal Goes ‘Much Deeper,’ W.H. Sitting on Something Top Obama Aides ‘Terrified’ About 440 Comments
- University Will Investigate Christian Professor’s Intelligent Design Class Following Atheist Furor 323 Comments
- Why Were DHS Agents Seemingly Monitoring Multiple Tea Party IRS Protests Across the Country on Tuesday? 315 Comments
- More Than $1 Million Raised Through Mercury One for Oklahoma Tornado Relief 261 Comments
- Teacher Admits She ‘Prayed Out Loud’ During Violent Tornado: ‘I Did the Teacher Thing that We’re Probably Not Supposed to Do’ Read More
- Farrakhan Talks of ‘Satanic Jews’ and ‘Synagogue of Satan’ at Detroit Church Speech — but Wait Until You Hear Who Was in Attendance 145 Comments
- Biden Praises Jewish Leaders for Helping Change Americans’ Views on Gay Marriage Read More
- ‘Death! You F**k!’: Bat Mitzvah Chaperone Unleashes Explosive, Profanity-Laced Tirade Against Kids Over Candy-Throwing Incident Read More
- How Can God Let Tragedies Like the Okla. Tornado Exist? Pastors Weigh In 199 Comments
- Ex-Cincinnati IRS Manager: This Was Not the Work of ‘Low-Level’ Employees Read More
- China Sets off What Could Be the World’s Longest Demolition Read More
- Here are the 5 Most Interesting Moments from Tuesday’s Hearing on the IRS Scandal 138 Comments
- Jay Carney Shifts IRS Timeline (Again!) 106 Comments
- Top IRS Official at Center of Political Targeting Scandal Will Plead the Fifth 144 Comments
- The Incredible Role Facebook Played in the Aftermath of Devastating Okla. Tornado Read More
- Tech Company Demonstrates Remote Disabling of a ‘Smart Gun’ Read More
- Meet the Blind Man Nicknamed ‘Midnight Gunslinger’ Who Has 80% Shot Accuracy Read More
- How a $4.5 Million Network of 181 Sirens Helped Save Lives in Oklahoma Twister Read More
- See the Record-Setting Python a Man Caught With His Bare Hands (and Guess How Much It Weighed) Read More
- Oklahoma tornado damage could top $2 billion
- Hosseini discusses new novel at NYC reading
- EU bid to label Hezbollah wing terror group
- Stocks surge as Bernanke retains dovish ton
- Closings arguments begin at Donald Trump trial
- Lowe's 1Q profit rises, but results miss Street
- Oklahoma Insurance Department says preliminary tornado damage estimate could top $2 billion
- Malawi finds buyer for presidential jet