The commentary following the statement was unbelievable. The main crux of his statement was that society has lost its civility. And those two/three talking head clowns focused on mental illness and gun laws and barely touched the lack of morality in society. The constant bombardment of the sex and violence in hollywood movies and video games have greatly contributed to the cheapening of life and the moral decay of society. .
Be careful not to jump on the "lets blame TV and video games" bandwagon...
I have been consuming violent Movies and video games my whole life, and I have absolutely no desire to go on some shooting spree...
The problem is NOT the entertainment... The problem is that kids have had all sense of responsibility removed from nearly every aspect of their daily lives... As such, they don't comprehend consequences...
I love playing shooter games where you plug the bag guys full of holes, and if you "die" you get a "respawn"... But I don't think that for one second that a "real" gun's trigger can ever be "un-pulled".
The dead don't come back to life, and the decision to pull a trigger in real life, comes with real life consequences...
TV and Games are not the problem... Parents sheltering their children from harsh realities are the problem..
I have a message to all kids growing up now-a-days....
1. Life is not Easy, Fair, or peaceful. (it is not supposed to be, get over it).
2. There will be times when people do things to you, that you will not like.. Try not to let it bother you too much.
3. Not everyone on earth cares about you, or your personal well-being (in fact, there are more that DON'T care, than those that do...).
I have had this talk with my nephews and nieces, and they all seemed to understand it pretty well.. Since then, they all complain about little crap a lot less... If you have not had this talk with your kids, you may
yoursensei - learn a new term that your kind will ultimately have to live with (snic) ... kill ratio
I agree with the GRider.
The Hollywood perversion movies and the video games do cheapen life. While I commend Okiz maturity, it must be acknowledged that weak minded cretins do think these things are real, and do submerge themselves into these false worlds created by game makers. Dungeons and Dragons is a classic example. A doctor on the East coast was killed by some D&D freak at the behest of his own daughter who saw herself as the "Queen Sorcerer" or some crap. They do influence idiot punks. Not all, but some for sure.
December 29, 2012 at 8:55am
Personally what I took from the interview was that the host was starting the dialogue for a nationwide ban on guns [period]. He was trying to get Rev. Jesse to blame it on guns coming in from outside sources to the gun free urban areas. But Rev. Jesse was too stupid to follow the lead and move the progressive agenda of a national gun ban. The progressives want a national gun ban. Believe me the host was trying to move the conversation to national gun ban. The host/progressives are trying to make the case that the urban areas are the modern day Masada with the barbarians (gun owners) at the gate. Mark my words.
December 19, 2012 at 6:43pm
Soledad O’Brien claimed if convicted of domestic violence you can get a firearm. Below is from the Brady Act and you are prohibited from owning a firearm if convicted of domestic violence (#9).
Section 922(g) of the Brady Act prohibits certain persons from shipping or transporting any firearm in interstate or foreign commerce, or receiving any firearm which has been shipped or transported in interstate or foreign commerce, or possessing any firearm in or affecting commerce. These prohibitions apply to any person who:
1. Has been convicted in any court of a crime punishable by imprisonment for a term exceeding one year;
2. Is a fugitive from justice;
3. Is an unlawful user of or addicted to any controlled substance;
4. Has been adjudicated as a mental defective or committed to a mental institution;
5. Is an alien illegally or unlawfully in the United States;
6. Has been discharged from the Armed Forces under dishonorable conditions;
7. Having been a citizen of the United States, has renounced U.S. citizenship;
8. Is subject to a court order that restrains the person from harassing, stalking, or threatening an intimate partner or child of such intimate partner, or;
9. Has been convicted in any court of a misdemeanor crime of domestic violence.
10. Has a record of being a felon
October 26, 2012 at 1:18pm
I am there with you, the security surveillance for state is very advanced and the consulate was being monitored.
October 26, 2012 at 1:14pm
The government [including state] have over 2 hours of live feed tape from several camera positions of the US Consulate perimeter and compound during the attack. That comes back to a central location in the DC area. geraldo should go back to his jerry springer type show. He’s just a burned out hippie from the 60′s and 70′s and a drool bucket carrier for obama and the left.
October 20, 2012 at 5:01am
Looks as though the EU has turned into 1940 France
October 6, 2012 at 6:21pm
Most of the contributions came from untraceable reloadable credit cards and welfare credit cards.