1. Your Faith is revealed in your obedience to God.
2. Your Deeds are your report card on your faith.
3. Repentance is necessary for Salvation and means to “turn from” sin.
4. Judging another person is a grave thing since it puts you in Christ’s “judgement seat” which is to make yourself God in place of the one True God.
5. It is only by the power of the Holy Spirit that a man can call Jesus Lord/Elohim/God and if Jesus is not “God in the Flesh” to you or your religion then salvation has eluded you.
6. Vain and repetitious prayers are like the “Hail Mary” or the “Our Father”, God desires access to our “inmost parts” e.i. our hearts!
7. King David’s words come to mind and are a comfort to me many times: “Oh how I love your Law/Torah” and “A broken heart and a contrite spirit the Lord will not despise” and lastly “Create in me a clean heart oh God, and renew a right spirit within me. Cast me not away from they presence and take not thy Holy Spirit from me…”.
8. All you Old Testament haters out there should keep in mind the words of Jesus when he said “I come in the Volume of the Book for it was written of me…” and Jesus always said things best of course!
@huu You had me till #6 I don't recall Jesus telling us to only pray the Our Father once when he taught it. Jesus was showing us that formal prayer is good and proper. With formal prayer a whole room of people can pray the prayer together. Though informal prayer is good a room full of people cannot join in the prayer when one person is praying from their own heart. Do you think God would reject me if I told Him I love Him 10 times in a row? I don't think so.
Did you miss the part that said " they usually call people to go there who can actually afford it"?
The Gardners did not choose Hawai`i. They were assigned there.
Mr. Magoo, er, O'bama, will there ever BE any Jobs?
[-2] February 19, 2015 at 10:33am
Most people “helping humanity by serving the Lord” don’t have to serve in somewhere as primitive and horrible as Hawaii either…
1) I have some friends who just started serving their mission in Vanuatu.
2) Hawaii has it's share of problems and people who need the Gospel. Just because YOU think it's a tropical vacation paradise doesn't mean that the people living there lead idyllic lives. There are plenty of opportunities for service in Hawaii and everywhere in the United States and everywhere in the world.
 January 29, 2015 at 7:57am
She was a fat slob at trial and is a fatter slob now complete with lipstick on her front teef…
 January 18, 2015 at 4:11pm
Rather “may God HELP us all” to so as He wills…
 January 18, 2015 at 4:09pm
God “allowed” such things to happen! God gave all there was in creation, even the angels to Adam. All was well until Adam sinned at which time dominion over the earth went from Adam to Lucifer. It has been a stinkburger ever since and will be until Jesus the “last Adam” returns to put the devil under His feet.
Why did God allow the devil to take things over” Because God’s gifts and callings are without repentance so therefore what God gave Adam God will not take away even when Adam gives it to the devil…
January 18, 2015 at 4:04pm
Remember however that Paul writes that “for by Adam did sin enter the world”. Of Eve it says that she was deceived and so she did not carry the legacy of sin to pass along to her children, this is Adam’s legacy alone or else Messiah could not have been born of a woman and be sinless…
 January 18, 2015 at 3:59pm
Bad things happen to good people because we do not keep the commands God gave us all…
[-3] January 18, 2015 at 3:57pm
Which part of “You shall not make ANY graven image…” did you not understand?
January 18, 2015 at 3:55pm
Simply put the Son of God responded to the Father’s call for someone to come down and redeem mankind. Is it not written in Isaiah 6:8 ” Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? Who will go for us?” “Here I am,” I said; “send me!”
The names of the first born males in the of the first 10 Generations as recorded in the Book of Genesis beginning with Adam and ending with Noach that when the hebraic meanings of each name is written one after another form a message which is “Flesh man has fallen, great sorrow. I will come down teaching and bring Shalom/Peace”.
There is a double confirmation to answer your question of where in Scripture the Incarnation of the Son was promised. There are many others also…
Shalom, Rabbi Dave
[-2] January 18, 2015 at 3:39pm
You speak well! Mary is also a metaphor for the Nation of Israel which practiced the Religion given them by God and were therefore untainted by pagan religion at the time they brought forth the Son of God. The term for this allegorical meaning is called “Remez” in hebrew and is one of the 4 legitimate levels of Biblical interpretation taught by the ancient rabbis.
 January 18, 2015 at 3:31pm
Right on JM37! We also have the Lord’s promise to deliver His people through such things!
 January 18, 2015 at 3:29pm
The “Tower of Siloam” question to Jesus in the Gospels was a very typically jewish question in that time i.e. “what sin caused something bad to happen”. Jesus’ answer was a very accurate one i.e. “every one in Judea (and elsewhere) is deserving of Judgement. It is written “is there calamity in the city and God not do it?”.
Juniorsmom37 is correct on her comment and answer i.e. SIN is the cause!
Shalom, Rabbi Dave
 December 20, 2014 at 11:31am
That is why we refer to the City of Ann Arbor where the U of M is located The Peoples Republic of Ann Arbor…
December 20, 2014 at 11:17am
It is very arrogant to think that hashem must repeat himself for his law to have effect. The King says things once and his subjects obey!
December 20, 2014 at 11:16am
He is saying he has conflicted feelings about men’s hinies…
Brian Houston’s father, Frank was outed as a paedophile homosexual.
‘You never forget the moment you find out your dad’s a paedophile’: Hillsong’s Brian Houston tells of the ‘devastating’ 10 seconds when he realised his father, Frank, was a paedophile’
That fact alone should tell you all you need to know about Brian’s reluctance to give God’s view. That is also the reason he should immediately stand aside and let a man of God lead the church.
Not gonna happen is it? Dollars rule.
December 20, 2014 at 4:02am
Woe to the Inhabitants of the Earth for the Devil has come down and he has great wrath for he knows his time is short…
December 16, 2014 at 3:51pm
Yes! Has God not said he will NOT share his GLORY with anyone or anything else in the 2nd Commandment? Use your head!!!
December 16, 2014 at 3:48pm
December 16, 2014 at 3:47pm
Catholics Morons and Lutherans barrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrffff!