That is the Democratic way of allowing you to have a varying opinion.
 February 2, 2016 at 1:35pm
WHA……. Democrats fixing an election????? Well who’d a thunk it?!?!?!
 January 31, 2016 at 7:28pm
So… they are building a dorm for Black Men only…. WOW!!! I guess black men just can’t fit in when white people are around (at least that appears to be what the University of Connecticut seems to think). Turn that around and build a dorm for White men only and see what happens.
 January 18, 2016 at 10:10am
Lets see… 53 workers x 5 minutes is 265 minutes (4.4 hours) 5 times a day = 22.08 hours that are passed on to other workers daily. 22.08 hours x 5 days a week =110.4 hours x 50 weeks a year (assuming 2 weeks vacation yearly) = 5,520 hours. Now, assuming prayer time is 5 minutes and it takes… lets say 2 minutes to get to the prayer room and 2 minutes to get back… that’s another 4,416.6 hours yearly… that adds up to some serious time off of the production line. How much do they make per hour? At $15.00/hour you are looking at $149,019.00 per year. Do the Muslim workers get paid for their prayer time? If so, do the other workers get compensated for the time they have to spend doing the work of the Muslim workers? I doubt it. Maybe I am just nit-picking here, but $149,019.00 is not small change to me.
 January 17, 2016 at 11:19am
Once they open the door for gun manufacturers to be sued all those other things that you mention will then be open to the same thing. When you start making manufacturers responsible for the end user’s misuse of their product you are in for a world of crap. Dems, Libs and Progressives love to wallow in crap…
 January 16, 2016 at 10:28am
it’s Cleveland… what did you expect from the passengers?
I live outside of Cleveland and WE NEVER GO THERE just because they are all so liberal and have that same mindset. Here is one time I CAN ATTEST THAT WHAT YOU SAID @JoeShawler, you are correct.
January 11, 2016 at 10:16am
Major Owens, Representative Brooklyn NY
• We have to start with a ban on the manufacturing and import of handguns. From there we register the guns which are currently owned, and follow that with additional bans and acquisitions of handguns and rifles with no sporting purpose.
Mike Roos, California Assemblyman
• To hell with the constitution…(on the constitutionality of the Roberti-Roos assault weapon ban)
Charles Schumer, US Representative
• We’re here to tell the NRA their nightmare is true! We’re going to hammer guns on the anvil of relentless legislative strategy. We’re going to beat guns into submission!
Stephen J. Solarz, Representative NY
• Mr. Speaker, we must take swift and strong action if we are to rescue the next generation from the rising of tide armed violence. That is why today I am introducing the Handgun Control Act of 1992. This legislation would outlaw the possession, importation, transfer or manufacture of a handgun except for use by public agencies, individuals who can demonstrate to their local police chief that they need a gun because of threat to their life or the life of a family member, licensed guard services, licensed pistol clubs which keep the weapons securely on premises, licensed manufacturers and licensed gun dealers.
Henry A Waxman, Representative CA
• If someone is so fearful that, that they’re going to start using their weapons to protect their rights, makes me very nervous that these people have these weapons at all!
January 11, 2016 at 10:16am
• If the personal freedoms guaranteed by the Constitution inhibit the government’s ability to govern the people, we should look to limit those guarantees.
Richard Daley, Former Mayor of Chicago
• If it was up to me, no one but law enforcement officers would own handguns…
Federal Gun Legislation Press Conference in Washington, D.C.
Gray Davis, while Governor of California
• Guns have a place in the theater of war, they have no place out on the streets.
John Kerry, US Senator
• These automatic, semiautomatic handguns and assault weapons, they really have no place in our society.
Al Gore – former Vice President
• I don’t believe that assault rifles (semi-automatic rifles) ought to be sold in America.
Barrack Obama, President of the United States
• I’m consistently on record and will continue to be on record as opposing concealed carry.
Major Owens, Representative Brooklyn, NY
• Mr. Speaker, my bill prohibits the importation, exportation, manufacture, sale, purchase, transfer, receipt, possession, or transportation of handguns and handgun ammunition. It establishes a 6-month grace period for the turning in of handguns. It provides many exceptions for gun clubs, hunting clubs, gun collectors, and other people of that kind.
January 11, 2016 at 10:15am
Daniel Patrick Moynihan, US Senator
• … we could tax them [firearms] out of existence.” – Washington Post, 4 Nov 93
Mel Reynolds, US Congressman
• “If it were up to me we’d ban them all [firearms].”
Howard Metzenbaum, US Senator
• I don’t care about crime, I just want to get the guns.
• What good does it do to ban some guns? All guns should be banned.
Michael Dukakis, Governor of Massachusetts
• I do not believe in people owning guns. Guns should be owned only by the police and military. I am going to do everything I can to disarm this state.
Nancy Pelosi, Representative CA
• ” If I had my way, sporting guns would be strictly regulated, the rest would be confiscated ”
Michael Bloomberg Mayor of NYC
• I don’t know why people carry guns. Guns kill people.
Bill Clinton, former US President
• When we got organized as a country and we wrote a fairly radical Constitution with a radical Bill of Rights, giving a radical amount of individual freedom to Americans… And so a lot of people say there’s too much personal freedom. When personal freedoms being abused, you have to move to limit it. That’s what we did in the announcement I made last weekend on the public housing projects, about how were going to have weapon sweeps and more things like that to try to make people safer in their communities.
January 11, 2016 at 10:15am
Jan Schakowsky, U.S. Representative from Illinois
• “I believe…..this is my final word……I believe that I’m supporting the Constitution of the United States which does not give the right for any individual to own a handgun….”
Bobby Rush, U.S. Representative from Illinois
• “My staff and I right now are working on a comprehensive gun-control bill. We don’t have all the details, but for instance, regulating the sale and purchase of bullets. Ultimately, I would like to see the manufacture and possession of handguns banned except for military and police use. But that’s the endgame. And in the meantime, there are some specific things that we can do with legislation.”
Janet Reno, Former Attorney General of the United States
• “Waiting periods are only a step. Registration is only a step. The prohibition of firearms is the goal.”
• “Gun registration is not enough.”
Bill Clinton, Former President of the United States
• We can’t be so fixated on our desire to preserve the rights of ordinary Americans to legitimately own handguns and rifles … that we are unable to think about reality.” – USA Today, 11 March 93, pg. 2A
Jocelyn Elders, former US Surgeon General
• “I want to make it as hard as possible. Gun owners would have to be evaluated by how they scored on written and firing tests, and have to pass the tests in order to own a gun. And I would tax the guns, bullets and the license itself very heavily.” – Mother Jones magazine, Jan/Feb ’94
January 11, 2016 at 10:14am
Nah… they don’t want to take our guns away…
Dianne Feinstein, Senator CA
• “If I could’ve gotten 51 votes in the Senate of the United States for an outright ban, picking up every one of them — Mr. and Mrs. America turn ‘em all in — I would have done it. I could not do that. The votes weren’t here.” – 60 Minutes – 1995
• “Banning guns addresses a fundamental right of all Americans to feel safe.” – Associated Press, November 18, 1993
Barrack Obama, now United States President
• “I don’t believe people should to be able to own guns.” (during conversation with economist and author John Lott Jr. at the University of Chicago Law School in the 1990s)
Pete Stark, U.S. Representative from California
• “If a bill to ban handguns came to the house floor, I would vote for it.”
William Clay, U.S. Representative from Missouri
• ” …we need much stricter gun control, and eventually should bar the ownership of handguns”
Joseph Biden, Vice President of the United States
• “Banning guns is an idea whose time has come.”
John Chafee, Former U.S. Senator from Rhode Island
• “I shortly will introduce legislation banning the sale, manufacture or possession of handguns (with exceptions for law enforcement and licensed target clubs)…. It is time to act. We cannot go on like this. Ban them!”
• I believe all handguns should be abolished.
• And we should — then every community in the country could then start doing major weapon sweeps and then destroying the weapons, not selling them.
 January 7, 2016 at 11:49am
I have been saying this for YEARS!!! The media has convinced people that the so called “assault rifles” are the exact same rifles our military uses. That is why I keep saying… even to the Blaze writers… STOP calling them “assault rifles”. A true assault rifle has a selector switch that can change them from semi-automatic to fully automatic. The rifles available to the American Public are strictly Semi-Automatic. One finger pull, one shot… two finger pulls two shots and so on. We can NOT purchase fully automatic rifles (without a Federal Firearms License which requires a very very strict background check by the ATF and FBI). With a fully automatic rifle.. it is one finger pull (held and not released) and multiple shots will discharge until the finger is released. I know, most of you know this – I am including it for the uninformed, misinformed and ignorant (no… you are not stupid, you just don’t know).
They misuse the term "assault rifle" to describe semi-autos with certain characteristics because it sounds more menacing and makes them seem scarier to the average idiot.
 January 5, 2016 at 9:49pm
The numbers of murders committed with firearms has been declining for many years. In 2012, there were 8,855 (according to FBI Statistics). In 2014, there were 8,124. I can’t get the 2014 stats yet, but I can get the 2012 stats. 20.8% of the murders committed with firearms in 2012 happened in 11 cities in the United States.
39 Tulsa, OK – Mayor Dewey Bartlett Jr. – R
66 Milwaukee, WI – Mayor Tom Barrett – D
73 Cleveland, OH – Mayor Frank G Jackson – D
89 Kansas City, MO – Mayor Sylvester “Sly: Jones – I
107 New Orleans, LA – Mayor Mitch Landrieu – D
108 Oakland, CA – Mayor Jean Quan – D
126 Memphis, TN – Mayor AC Wharton – D
183 Baltimore, MD – Mayor Stephanie Rawlings Blake – D
277 Philadelphia, PA – Mayor Michael Nutter – D
333 Detroit, MI – Mayor Dave Bing – D
444 Chicago, IL – Mayor Rham Emanuel – D
Perhaps we need to concentrate on the places this violence is occurring and not shackling the honest citizens of this country making it more and more difficult for us to protect our families and ourselves.
 January 4, 2016 at 10:23am
“The children and citizens of the City of Jackson are already burdened by living under the ever-present terror of the confederate flag being flown all over the capital city on every state building,”
Yes, that damned Confederate Flag has been going around terrorizing and killing people for many years. It sneaks down off of flagpoles at night and peeks into the windows all over Jackson. It creeps up behind people and kills them and then quietly makes it’s way back to the flagpole and raises itself.
Mr. Stokes… here is a secret no one has told you… those flags….they are made of CLOTH.
Oh, a burden of terror from a flag. What a load of BS.
January 4, 2016 at 10:01am
Did the Palestinian purchase the knife at a novelty shop? Maybe his buddy at a movie studio lent it to him…
 January 3, 2016 at 6:47am
Is this the very same California with insanely tight gun control laws? They allowed Mr. Morley to own a gun even though, according to Mrs. Calzadilla, he had pulled a gun on her son and even shot at him in the past? And I am sorry, but if someone had pulled a gun on me and shot at me I would not be stupid enough to go to his house EVER, no matter how good a friend I was with the guy’s son. this is not a matter of Gun Control… it is a matter of STUPID control.
 January 3, 2016 at 6:33am
If I were a Police Officer, I would grant Councilman Stokes his wish. I would refuse to enter his district for any reason. He has virtually declared war on police officers.
It's actually a fairly logical and accurate metric....
"First candidate personally attacked by Louis Farrakhan... WINS."
December 29, 2015 at 12:36pm
“To me, the complexion or color of the trigger finger does not matter to me. You kill somebody, you kill somebody, no matter who you are.”
The ONLY thing Spike Lee ever said that I can agree with. Chicago is a battleground and low income neighborhoods are the front lines. Until the folks that live in these neighborhoods band together, it will never get any better.
 December 24, 2015 at 10:02am
If I lived in Vegas.. guess where I would be going to get tacos….