DOHA, Qatar (TheBlaze/AP) — They were accused of starving their adopted daughter to death in order to sell her organs.
Now the American couple has been cleared of wrongdoing by a Qatari appeals court — but their legal representative says they have been barred from leaving the Gulf nation.
Eric Volz is coordinating legal and publicity efforts for the family and is with them in the Qatari capital, Doha. He told The Associated Press that Qatari immigration officials blocked Matthew and Grace Huang from leaving Sunday and confiscated their passports just hours after an appeals court overturned a child endangerment verdict against them.
The couple had been banned from leaving Qatar while their case made its way through the courts, but the appeals court ruled Sunday they were free to leave.
Follow Zach Noble (@thezachnoble) on Twitter