A 15-year-old Maryland student was reportedly assaulted by members of a local MS-13 gang after he reportedly refused to join their gang of thugs.
The Capital Gazette reported that the incident occurred outside Annapolis High School in March and that two adult men —Irving Orellana, 18, and Juan Carlos Sandoval-Rodrigues, 19 — were indicted on multiple gang-related and assault charges last week by an Anne Arundel County Grand Jury.
A third person was indicted on gang-related charges but was not identified by the media because he is a juvenile.
According to a police report, the 15-year-old student was accosted by a group of students in a boys’ bathroom located inside the high school and was threatened with after-school violence if he didn’t cooperate with the gang members by joining their ranks.
Police spokesman Marc Limansky told the Gazette that the student was “intimidated” by the group’s approach.
The police report added that when the boy refused the gang’s advances, the group made good on their threats of violence and assaulted him after school.
Limansky said that the victim had been punched several times in the chest.
According to the report, Orellana withdrew from school over the summer and Sandoval-Rodrigues was not a student at Annapolis High School.
What the Trump administration is doing to fight MS-13
President Donald Trump has been vocal about his disgust at the ultra-violent MS-13 gang, which originated in El Salvador and got its U.S. legs in Los Angeles, and in April, tweeted that the street gang is “bad.”
“The weak illegal immigration policies of the Obama Admin. allowed bad MS 13 gangs to form in cities across U.S. We are removing them fast!” Trump tweeted.
The weak illegal immigration policies of the Obama Admin. allowed bad MS 13 gangs to form in cities across U.S. We are removing them fast!
— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) April 18, 2017
Attorney General Jeff Sessions traveled to El Salvador in July in an attempt to stem the tide of violence caused by the MS-13 gang by working with the Salvadoran government on a plan to quash the gang’s presence and growth.
After learning that the violent gang heavily relies on illegal immigrants in the United States, the Trump administration announced further plans to crack down on sanctuary cities in an effort to deport illegal alien gang members.
“The attorney general will not allow sanctuary cities to become sanctuaries for criminals,” Robert K. Hur, principal associate deputy attorney general, previously said of Sessions’ stance on the dangerous gang.
Also in July, it was reported that Trump requested 10,000 additional ICE agents to assist in combatting illegal immigration, an issue that the Trump administration feels is directly related to the influx of MS-13 violence in the U.S.
National Border Patrol Council President Brandon Judd said in a July interview that under Trump, the drop in illegal immigration has been “miraculous,” and revealed that border enforcement agents noted a 53 percent drop in illegal immigrants attempting to cross the border since 2016.