WTF MSM!? is a newsletter that puts a dose of sunlight on the mainstream media and exposes how the media twist facts, selectively report, and outright lie to advance their left-wing agenda. You can sign up for the WTF MSM!? newsletter here.
Late Thursday, the New York Times reported that the Department of Justice has converted U.S. attorney John Durham's inquiry into the origins of the Russian collusion investigation into a criminal probe. It was a neutron bomb detonated smack-dab in the media narrative. For a self-described media critic like CNN's Brian Stelter, it might have been a good time to self-reflect on the media's treatment of the Russian collusion hoax. But alas, good old Stelter decided to ignore it completely.
Stelter opened his nightly newsletter, sent after the Times story was released, by writing, "Instead of leading with the biggest story of the moment, let me recommend three of the best things I've read in the past week."
To his credit, in a 3,800-word newsletter, Stelter did find room to write, "The NYT's Thursday night scoop: 'Justice Dept. Is Said to Open Criminal Inquiry Into Its Own Russia Investigation.'"
That's all he wrote on the topic. Stelter was uncharacteristically quiet in the face of a major news story.
He was doing better than his CNN colleague James Clapper, who looked dejected and defeated in his appearance with Anderson Cooper last night.
I'm no expert but when I watch Clapper, I see a guy scared out of his wits, trying to remain cool, calm, and collec… https://t.co/f0H4xU45Xp— Don Purser (@Don Purser)1572011138.0
The media have been willfully colluding with Democrats to hide the latter's malfeasance and lawlessness in using the levers of government to achieve political ends.
It's going to be an interesting ride.
Bias on full display …
Yes, the Times broke the criminal inquiry story. But its bias was on full display in its marketing of the scoop, choosing to focus on "alarms of political payback" instead of the possibility that there was real criminality in the way President Donald Trump was treated.
The Twitter "blue check" mafia is out in full force parroting the line.
Joseph Robertson of Global Climate tweeted, "It appears Trump's Attorney General is using his office to conduct a campaign of harassment & intimidation of US officials who have gathered evidence about crimes committed by Trump & his associates."
@nytimes It appears Trump’s Attorney General is using his office to conduct a campaign of harassment & intimidation… https://t.co/hRLMFBdu0P— Joseph Robertson (@Joseph Robertson)1571963825.0
Raw Story tweeted, "Barr's 'criminal investigation' of the Russia probe is the fruit of a long-running far-right plan to kill democracy."
Barr’s ‘criminal investigation’ of the Russia probe is the fruit of a long-running far-right plan to kill democracy https://t.co/Ppa6GDo66x— Raw Story (@Raw Story)1572008788.0
Rep. Sean Patrick Mahoney (D-N.Y.) tweeted video of his appearance on Rachel Maddow, "This DOJ criminal probe is going nowhere. Hundreds of pages of findings by Mueller, dozens of indictments AND the GOP-led Senate Intel Committee report have all established that Russia did this. So where is this probe going? Barr has nothing. Still, need to watch him like a hawk."
This DOJ criminal probe is going nowhere. Hundreds of pages of findings by Mueller, dozens of indictments AND the G… https://t.co/NXcG4itzPE— Sean Patrick Maloney (@Sean Patrick Maloney)1571971953.0
They are panicking. This is not going to end well for them.
- Nets trash investigation of Russia probe as 'political revenge'
- John Stossel says YouTube restricted his video on the Southern Poverty Law Center
- 'I have to fact check you in real time': Matt Gaetz scolds MSNBC's Hallie Jackson for 'mischaracterizing stuff'
- 'Get the hell out of Congress!' Meghan McCain rips into Matt Gaetz for 'political stunt'
- TV baking judge forced to apologize for 'thoughtless' joke about 'diabetes on a plate'
- Poll: Over half of Americans say First Amendment is too lenient on hate speech and should be 'updated' to reflect today's 'cultural norms'
- Harvey Weinstein turned up at an event for young actors. A woman confronted him and was thrown out
- Fake News echo chamber: New York Times prints lies by Adam Schiff witness made in secret testimony
- CNN's Jeff Zucker says he's interested in hiring former Fox News host Shepard Smith
- Unironic CNN president Jeff Zucker: Fox News has 'morphed into conspiracy TV' and is 'state-run'
- Fox News reporter Trey Yingst hits back at Zucker, highlighting real journalism done by Fox News
You can sign up to receive the WTF MSM!? newsletter here.