WTF MSM!? is a newsletter that puts a dose of sunlight on the mainstream media and exposes how the media twist facts, selectively report, and outright lie to advance their left-wing agenda. You can sign up for the WTF MSM!? newsletter here.
Maybe someday they will be right? …
Over at NewsBusters, Kyle Drennen noticed something fishy going on at NBC. As part of NBC News' "Climate in Crisis" series, weatherman Al Roker made the wild claim that Washington, D.C.'s landmarks could be under water by 2050. NewsBusters reported that Roker used "an animation produced by the environmental activist group Climate Central" to make his case.
What makes Roker's claim extra-laughable is that his network has been making the same prediction for the past 30 years. NewsBusters reported that in May 1989, the "Today" show had an environmentalist on who predicted all of "Florida, Washington, D.C., and the Los Angeles basin" will be under water. Then in 1990 the same environmentalist made the same claims.
Thirty years later, none of those places are under water.
By using a climate activist organization's video as part of a news segment, NBC shows that it is not above using leftist propaganda to advance a leftist agenda. The new "the sky is falling" is "the water is rising."
- CNN contributor says Lewandowski 'owned the Judiciary Committee' during testimony
- Reporters behind Kavanaugh smear story claim NY Times editors cut vital exculpatory information from initial report
- MSNBC's Joy Reid says 'wealthy, white Christian' Americans are willing to enact apartheid to 'maintain power'
- Chris Cuomo accuses Trump immigration policies of denigrating Hispanic migrants
- Alex Trebek announces he has returned to chemotherapy treatments
- 'SNL' comedian Shane Gillis practically predicted his firing over jokes in old sketch
- Bill Burr, Jim Jefferies react to 'SNL' firing Shane Gillis, blast 'cancel culture'
- Former 'SNL' cast members rally to support comedian Shane Gillis, who was fired after controversial jokes resurfaced
- New York Times gets mocked mercilessly for claiming women face 'poop shame' in the workplace
- NYT reporters complain their reporting on Kavanaugh has been 'seized' for politics
- NYT reporter says Kavanaugh accuser was traumatized by an event she doesn't remember
- NYT reporter also suggests unnamed woman in her Kavanaugh excerpt may have been too drunk to remember Kavanaugh's penis being pushed into her hand
- Kavanaugh's accuser Max Stier is former Clinton lawyer, Obama donor
You can sign up to receive the WTF MSM!? newsletter here.