WTF MSM!? is a newsletter that puts a dose of sunlight on the mainstream media and exposes how the media twist facts, selectively report, and outright lie to advance their left-wing agenda. You can signup for the WTF MSM!? newsletter here.
Even after Weinstein … Next week the yearly Cannes Film Festival begins on the French Riviera. It's one of Hollywood's most important industry events, where films are screened, deals are cut, and, according to The Hollywood Reporter, human trafficking victims are identified and lured into a trap using the promise of film roles as bait. Even after Harvey Weinstein was outed, THR says, this is happening.
Here's how THR reports what happens:
Another form of sex trafficking that is bubbling under the radar on the Riviera but obvious to most producers in the know is one in which non-U.S. citizens meet film industry connectors on the Cannes yacht circuit. The go-betweens help the would-be actresses, often still in their teens and hailing from countries ranging from Britain to former Soviet bloc states, gain legal entry into the U.S. and land a small or nonspeaking role in an American movie. The unspoken quid pro quo is that once in the U.S., they are lent out — sexually — to other powerful industry men. With the threat of her H-1 visa being revoked, the actress effectively can't say no or go to the police …
… In fact, the producer says it should raise a red flag any time you see a foreign-born actress with no credits suddenly make her way into a U.S.-shot movie. "No one would legitimately pay for the H-1 visa for that kind of role. No way. It costs four or five thousand bucks," he says. "As a producer, there's no chance that there's this one-liner that should be a local hire [and] that we're going to go with a first-timer from Ukraine and get a work visa for her."
Remember it's these degenerate Hollywood types, who prey on the hopes and dreams of young women, who host Democratic candidates at fundraisers and attack Donald Trump as amoral.
CNN's Comey town hall … The totally nonpartisan folks at CNN took the occasion of the second anniversary of the firing of disgraced former FBI Director James Comey to host him in a town hall. Comey took the opportunity to take continued swings at Trump and even tried to insinuate that the discredited dossier was true, especially the pee tape.
Here are some of the highlights or lowlights, depending on your point of view:
- This is CNN: Anderson Cooper and James Comey team up to keep the Russia narrative alive
- James Comey tries to explain Peter Strzok & Lisa Page's anti-Trump texts but only makes himself look worse
- CNN stacks Comey town hall audience questions 2:1 against Trump
- Comey says Trump could be prosecuted after leaving office
- Comey: It's 'totally normal' to plant FBI assets near political campaigns
But remember, folks, CNN wasn't pushing an agenda with this town hall. The media weren't trying to keep their hopes of Russian collusion alive. In other news, I'm opening up an Everglades real estate company that has some land you may be interested in.
- Alex Griswold: Facebook co-founder Chris Hughes is a backstabbing loser
- Ben Shapiro: Why scorn matters — How the 2019 Met Gala represented the worst of our cynical elites
- Craig Shirley: Levin's 'Unfreedom of the Press' is the right book at the right time
- On Thursday morning, ABC was the only network to cover the Colorado students walking out of politicized gun-control vigil
- Yet again, Snopes 'fact-checks' satire website 'The Babylon Bee' — but notice, as TheBlaze managing editor Leon Wolf points out in Twitter thread, Snopes never fact-checks satire articles lampooning conservatives
- New politically correct version of Microsoft Word will help keep you from hurting people's feelings
- MSNBC panel holds onto hope on collusion, bashes Trump 'thugs' using 'gangster talk'
- CNN trashes Trump as 'con man in chief,' 'sociopath' over tax returns
- 'Disrupter' Katie Couric: It's 'ridiculous' women don't do half the news, win half the Oscars
- Cenk Uygur attacks Meghan McCain for 'defending' Trump on criticizing Ilhan Omar
You can sign up to receive the WTF MSM!? newsletter here.