In honor of National Ice Cream month, Baskin-Robbins has decided to give you a little insight on what your favorite flavor says about your personality.
The ice cream parlor partnered with taste and smell expert Dr. Alan Hirsch, founder of the Smell & Taste Treatment and Research Foundation, to associate personality traits that might correspond with its most popular flavors.
“We uncovered quite a few surprising findings when investigating what a person’s favorite ice cream flavor says about their personality,” Hirsch said in a statement. “For instance, we found that people who prefer Rainbow Sherbet are more pessimistic than you would think, in spite of the flavor’s bright taste profile, and that those who prefer Rocky Road are actually very good listeners.”
Here’s a list of what they found — see if you agree:
- If your favorite flavor is Vanilla, you’re more likely to be impulsive, easily suggestible and an idealist.
- If your favorite flavor is Chocolate, you’re more likely to be dramatic, lively, charming, flirtatious, seductive and gullible.
- If your favorite flavor is Very Berry Strawberry, you’re more likely to be a tolerant, devoted and an introvert.
- If your favorite flavor is Mint Chocolate Chip, you’re more likely to be argumentative, frugal and cautious.
- If your favorite flavor is Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough, you’re more likely to be ambitious, competitive and a visionary.
- If your favorite flavor is Pralines ‘n Cream, you’re more likely to be loving, supportive and prefer to avoid the spotlight.
- If your favorite flavor is Jamoca (i.e. coffee), you’re more likely to be scrupulous, conscientious and a moral perfectionist.
- If your favorite flavor is Chocolate Chip, you’re more likely to be generous, competent and a go getter.
- If your favorite flavor is Rainbow Sherbet, you’re more likely to be analytic, decisive and a pessimistic.
- If your favorite flavor is Rocky Road, you’re more likely to be aggressive, engaging and a good listener.
“National Ice Cream Month is the perfect time to enjoy your favorite ice cream flavor, and this year we wanted our guests to have fun by learning what their favorite flavor says about them,” Dan Wheeler, Baskin-Robins vice president of U.S. brand and field marketing said in a statement. “We also can’t wait to give one lucky Baskin-Robbins fan the chance to win free ice cream for a year through our National Ice Cream Day Twitter Sweepstakes this Sunday.”
Watch KTLA-TV’s report about the study:
In case you’re wondering how Baskin-Robbins and Hirsch came up with these findings, the researchers had adults age 18 to 65 complete several psychiatric and personality test, which were then correlated with ice cream preferences.
Let us know what you think of the findings by taking our poll below.
Featured image via Shutterstock.com.