The South China Morning Post recently reported that a man attempted to bring his pet turtle through airport security by disguising it as a hamburger from Kentucky Fried Chicken.
The man, identified as having the last name Li, was traveling to Beijing on July 29 when the individual monitoring the X-ray saw a few “odd protrusions” in the “burger” the man had packed.
When they asked to inspect the man’s luggage more closely, Li reportedly maintained: “There’s no turtle in there, just a hamburger…There’s nothing special to see inside.”
“This is, of course, pretty much a guarantee that there definitely a turtle inside that hamburger, and, lo and behold, that’s exactly what security found after taking him aside for a closer inspection,” Geekosystem wrote.
According to reports, Li said he just wanted to bring the “beloved” pet with him while away, but eventually agreed to let a friend temporarily care for the creature.
Rules vary when it comes to allowing pets on planes, but Li’s attempt ultimately failed (though Red Alert Politics gave the man an “A for effort and creativity“).
“They make great pets and excellent teenage-mutant crime fighters but not the best seat mates,” Huffington Post Canada summarized.
More on the amusing story courtesy of HuffPost Live, below:
[Featured image credit Flickr via The Australian]
Other Must-Read Stories:
- The Heartwarming Story Behind Viral Photo of Marine Who Lost 5K to 9-Year-Old Boy
- British Doctor Allegedly Tells 9-Year-Old With ‘Badly Broken’ Leg to Go Home & ‘Walk It Off’
- NJ Senate Candidate: ‘Pretty Good Evidence’ That ‘Millions’ Have Died Because of Global Warming
- Absolutely Enormous ‘Dragon Skull’ Discovered on British Beach – So What’s the Story?
- Man Makes Strange Life-Saving Discovery in His Backpack After Getting Stranded in the Australian Outback