On Wednesday's episode of "The News & Why it Matters," Sara Gonzales, Glenn Beck, Stu Burguiere, and Josh Hammer highlighted a documentary that aired on Seattle's KOMO-TV.
In this clip, Glenn shared details about a documentary called "Seattle is Dying" that highlighted, according to Glenn, how to recognize the beginning stages of socialism.
The documentary exposed a disconnect between local government and constituents who live in Seattle. Glenn described what is happening in Seattle as a hostile takeover by Marxist radicals and how the government will respond to you under socialism.
"The police are quitting. The police officers are walking off of the job and saying I can't do it anymore; this doesn't make any sense. What they want us to do is not police, and this documentary, because it was made in such a progressive area, I thought it was really remarkable," Glenn said.
Glenn selected two clips from the documentary, both highlighted how local government officials were ultimately devaluing local business owners' cries for help as they protected the drug dealers and prostitutes living on the street and damaging the property of taxpayers.
Glenn asserted that a collapse is around the corner when:
- a city is comprised of criminals damaging private property and crimes go unpunished;
- police officers are unable to police, thus leaving them no alternative but to leave the force;
- local elected officials protect criminals while treating taxpayers as second-class citizens;
- property owners must turn to local government as a last resort to plead for restored order; and
- local government laughs at the cries for help and citizens are told to call 9-1-1, a number that is useless if there are no police to respond.
Watch the video below for more details.
Want to catch up on missed episodes? Go to iTunes and download the podcast.
Want more from 'The News & Why It Matters'?
To enjoy more roundtable rundowns of the top stories of the day, subscribe to BlazeTV — the largest multi-platform network of voices who love America, defend the Constitution and live the American dream.