Obama’s ‘Occupy Election’ Moment?
Political Strategists get paid to strategize over everything – including natural disasters.
If Obama’s advisors are remotely as good as self-advertised, they have reckoned how this hurricane can help their man. Here’s how I think he may try to play it: Turn Hurricane Sandy into the next incarnation of the Occupy Movement – Occupy The Election.
(1) Stage One: Prolong, magnify and validate Hurricane Sandy as the epic event of ALL epic events.
Given the nature and magnitude of this awful event, it doesn’t require Obama to make this a story – but the President’s general posture toward the disaster (i.e. departing campaign trail, camping out in the White House) Will magnify, prolong and validate continuing national media coverage.
(2) Stage Two: Introduce and argue, in advance, the notion of a postponed, extended or otherwise perverted election day(s), “so everyone can vote.” In this case “everyone” means Obama supporters.
The real purpose here is not to actually change election day but rather establish the premise that serious people – and the media – must consider as legitimate matter the demand for extra voting.
(3) Stage Three: There is a single election day, Obama loses.
But Obama has established the principle that any election not extended shut out “his voters” – on the basis of which, Obamunists demand an election re-do: Yell, moan, scream (and when Debbie Wasserman Schultz is finished) sue! Again, the real purpose here is not to actually secure another, or extended, election day – but to establish “Obama would have won but for the natural disaster – and, of course, the Fascist/Racist/Homophobe Romney supporters who denied Obama a “fair chance.”
(4) Stage Four: Denied an unprecedented (and poisonous) affirmative-action, second bite at the electoral apple, the Left (because at this point, Obama fades to bit-player status) claims foul, e.g. “Yet another Republican President selected, not elected,” “It wasn’t a legitimate election.” Yada, yada, yada.
The strategic purpose of which is, of course, to endeavor to delegitimize in the media (and the 47 percent of non-taxpaying public mind) the Romney victory, and his presidency.
(5) Stage Five: Democrats’ reason for existing: “America didn’t Really win. Obama didn’t Really lose. Our message/ideas were fine, approved by most Americans.” A Democrat defeat must NEVER, EVER be allowed to be even hinted at as failure of politics – only of messenger or evil extenuating circumstance – e.g. U.S. Supreme Court, ignorance of American voters or Weather! Mitt Romney is thus an illegitimate president; his ideas did not prevail; etc. etc.
Ergo: America was again duped and cheated by Republicans (NEVER by their message/policies/ideas). Need only await a restoration to the Natural Order of Things: A Democrat President.
(6) Stage Six: Just wait for Hillary Clinton.
Obama couldn’t be president the night our SEALs begged for help and he watched them murdered – but he will play president during Sandy to execute Occupy Election Day.
Post Script: Someplace circa Stage Three, the Democrats will dump, disown, renounce, denounce, ignore and stiff Obama, as old news.
- Reporter Uses Logic of the Left’s Gun Control Argument to Stump Dem Rep. on Abortion 366 Comments
- Was Justice Roberts Intimidated Into Voting for ‘ObamaCare’? Senator Mike Lee Presents the Evidence 287 Comments
- ‘KKK-Type of Intimidation’: Kansas Sec. of State Targeted by Mob Asking Prosecutors to Consider Using ‘Klan Laws’ 257 Comments
- How Angry Would You Be if You and Your Family Got This Receipt from a Restaurant? 249 Comments
- Wild Video: Alleged Teacher Goes Ballistic, Beats Christian Ministry Workers With Her Purse Following Church vs. State Debate 246 Comments
Find TheBlaze on your TV
TheBlaze is available on channel .
Spread the word!
If you can't find TheBlaze, please call to upgrade your package
Unfortunately, TheBlaze is not available on .
But you can help! Call at or press CONTINUE to email your provider and urge them to add TheBlaze to your channel lineup.
But you can help! Press CONTINUE to email your provider and urge them to add TheBlaze to your channel lineup.Continue
Please complete the form
Thank you for supporting TheBlaze
Interested in doing more? Spread the word about TheBlaze to your friends and family.
Spread the word!
- Michele Bachmann’s special message to ‘liberals’ – she’ll be here a long, long, long (she said it nine times) long time.
- If the Boston bomber is a ‘victim’ of gun violence…
- Check it out: ‘A Fresh Breath of Farm Air’ (a Fresh Prince parody)
- A picture is worth 1,000 words: How do you advertise morality?
- Video: Allen West talks 2016 primary challenge against Rubio
- Body found near Patriot's home was homicide victim
- Compromise among senators eyed on border security
- China's Xi harks back to Mao in party 'cleanup'
- Actor James Gandolfini dies in Italy at age 51
- Former TWA Flight 800 investigators want new probe
- Tropical Storm Barry forms off Mexican coast
- House votes to cut food stamps by $2 billion
- Dotcom 'in tears' after Megaupload files deleted