Former Fox News host Bill O’Reilly regrets his decision not to fight back against those who successfully attempted to oust him from his longtime job at Fox News.
O’Reilly, who for years was the leading cable news host on television, was a thorn in the side of progressivism during his years at Fox. He crushed his progressive counterparts on CNN and MSNBC in the ratings game, so when liberal activists finally saw an opportunity to go on the offensive against him, they seized on the opportunity.
That opportunity came earlier this year when it was revealed that O’Reilly had settled a number of sexual harassment lawsuits with several different women. While the women contended O’Reilly had sexually harassed them, O’Reilly said he settled the lawsuits to make the noise go away — all while maintaining his innocence.
But the news proved to be enough to make many of O’Reilly’s advertisers feel uneasy, so liberal activists quickly began to pressure O’Reilly’s loyal supporters. That pressure eventually became the straw that broke the camel’s back and O’Reilly was fired from Fox in April while on a two-week vacation.
In hindsight, O’Reilly says he should have fought back against those putting pressure on his advertisers, like his friend Sean Hannity did, who recently also had liberal activists pressure his advertisers in an effort to oust him.
O’Reilly made the comments during an interview on Newsmax TV Thursday.
“In hindsight, Sean did it the right way,” O’Reilly said. “I should’ve done it that way, but I didn’t.”
“This was no accident our sponsors were attacked. This is very well organized. They tried to with Hannity. Hannity actually fought back. I didn’t. I should have. For reasons that I cannot explain now, I did not,” O’Reilly explained.
“Hannity knows they’re looking to get him,” the conservative commentator added. “He said it. But I admire Sean, and I admire how he handled situation, because he brought it directly to the folks and the sponsors stopped. He lost a few, but they stopped. So, he was successful in fighting off the attack.”
“But there will be more,” O’Reilly warned.
When asked to explain what he meant by “more,” O’Reilly detailed that although he will stay quiet about the details in the immediate weeks, his team of lawyers have a lot of bombshell information on those who brought him down.
O’Reilly even foreshadowed a future battle in court.
“We have a lot of information, but my lawyers are begging me not to say anything,” he said. “We’re going to drop it in the next few weeks, and it’s really, really stunning how organized that was and what these people did.”
“I want to let the legal people handle this. I do believe there will be litigation, so I’m going to let them take the lead and then after it’s out, then I’ll comment further on it,” O’Reilly explained.
The 67-year-old TV host, who had been with Fox News since the inception of the cable news network in 1996 until his firing, said the ultimate goal of the liberal activists is to bring down Fox News because it’s the only cable news network that gives President Donald Trump a “fair shake.” To do that, the activist first had to bring down the network’s star hosts.
“That was the goal, and that was instituted very quickly once the president was elected,” O’Reilly said. “So, ‘we got to get the Fox News Channel and how we’re going to get them? Got to take their talent out. Get the talent that matters.'”
“And so they were very powerful people, very well-funded people who got together and advised various ways,” he explained.
O’Reilly has maintained that his ousting was a “hit” by “far-left” activists.
Watch O’Reilly’s interview below. His comments on his removal from Fox begins at 12:20: