WTF MSM!? is a newsletter that puts a dose of sunlight on the mainstream media and exposes how the media twist facts, selectively report, and outright lie to advance their left-wing agenda. You can sign up for the WTF MSM!? newsletter here.
Conservatives have known for decades that The New York Times is not an unbiased source of news. As TheBlaze's Chris Enloe reported on Saturday, freshly leaked transcripts of a Times editorial meeting show how NY Times executive editor Dean Baquet is openly directing biased coverage of President Trump.
Now that the Russian collusion narrative the Times and the rest of the MSM have pushed for years has been busted, Baquet said that the Times needs to "regroup, and shift resources and emphasis to take on a different story." That new story is painting Trump and the "forces that led to the election of Donald Trump" as racist.
Baquet explained the new focus to his team.
As Audra Burch said when I talked to her this weekend, this one is a story about what it means to be an American in 2019. It is a story that requires deep investigation into people who peddle hatred, but it is also a story that requires imaginative use of all our muscles to write about race and class in a deeper way than we have in years. In the coming weeks, we'll be assigning some new people to politics who can offer different ways of looking at the world. We'll also ask reporters to write more deeply about the country, race, and other divisions. I really want your help in navigating this story.
Before any other news happens, the Times has given its team a new framework for covering President Trump, and that's through the lens of racism and division.
Sen. Ted Cruz (R-Texas) slammed the Times after this revelation. Cruz said, "There was a time when journalists covered 'news.' The NYT has given up on even pretending anymore. Today, they are Pravda, a propaganda outlet by liberals, for liberals."
It's not just coverage of Trump. The Times recently launched the "1619" project to argue that America was founded on slavery. It also gave Obama a pass on his handling of Iran while attacking Trump's response to the protests in Hong Kong.
Media Research Center President Brent Bozell appeared on Fox Business Monday to argue that the Times has thrown up its hands and stopped reporting news. He's absolutely right.
- Sen. Rashida Tlaib lashes out at Bill Maher after he exposes the truth about anti-Israel BDS movement
- Rasmussen: New poll shows voters trust political news about as much as they trust Wikipedia
- Mainstream media silent on disturbing anti-Semitic organization behind Ilhan Omar's, Rashida Tlaib's trip to 'Palestine'
- Snopes is still trying to justify its attack on the Babylon Bee by reporting on study that shows 'too many people think satirical news is real'
- CNN devotes hit piece to Ken Cuccinelli because he uses the word 'invaders' in the context of illegal immigration
- Maddow attacks judicial nominee for pro-Israel article
- CNN staff 'embarrassed' by Chris Cuomo's Fredo flap
- Brit Hume schools Beto O'Rourke after he says the U.S. was 'founded on racism'
You can sign up to receive the WTF MSM!? newsletter here.