Two Dangerous Nominations
This week, President Obama nominated former Senator Chuck Hagel to be Defense Secretary. He is a typical Obama choice. In other words, atrocious. After his service in Vietnam, for which he is rightfully commended, Hagel went on to the Senate, where he proclaimed anti-Israel views, opposed sanctions against the terrorist regime in Iran, bought into the left-wing propaganda that the Iraq war was solely “about oil,” and supports deeply destructive cuts in the military. He is way out of the mainstream in his thinking and positions about our national defense and how our interests and allies should be protected. In other words, he’s your typical Obama appointment.
As bad as Hagel is, however, he looks like a Boy Scout compared to the other man Obama is nominating on his national defense team: White House counterterrorism chief John Brennan to head the CIA.
If Hagel is soft on Iran, Brennan is soft on the Islamist ideology which inspires the Iranian regime—and al Qaeda and other terrorist, jihadi, and Islamist infiltration groups. Brennan is on the record as buying the Obama line that “violent extremists” are victims of “political, economic and social forces.” He also has said that we’re not at war with “terrorism,” because we cannot be at war with a “tactic”—completely ignoring that Islamic terrorism is much more than just a “tactic.” (See: http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2010/jun/11/terrorists-are-the-real-victims/)
He has led the way in whitewashing the words “global war on terror” and “Islamic terror” (among other accurate phrases and descriptions) from the official lexicon. He has pandered to CAIR (the Council on American-Islamic Relations, which has close ties to the Muslim Brotherhood, and which has recently begun its latest intimidation campaign of lobbying journalists to stop using the word “Islamist.”). He has said that the Guantanamo Bay recidivism rate (about 20% of terrorists held there go back to the battlefield) “isn’t that bad,” and has claimed that “jihad is a holy struggle, a legitimate tenet of Islam, meaning to purify oneself or one’s
community, and there is nothing holy or legitimate or Islamic about murdering innocent men, women and children.” Brennan chose not to refer to the other meaning of jihad, which is the violent struggle against non-Muslims, which is presumably the fight we’re currently in. (See:http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2010/jun/11/terrorists-are-the-real-victims/ and http://news.investors.com/ibd-editorials/021610-521248-john-brennans-20-doctrine.htm)
Hagel is a terrible choice for Defense, but Brennan is a far worse choice for CIA. Hagel is getting much of the ink: criticism—all correct and deserved—is directed his way, leaving Brennan to skate through. Hagel is the rabbit being sent out by Obama to run around the track and absorb all of the heat and the slings and arrows so there is no energy left to fight Brennan.
Hagel may or may not make it through confirmation. But Brennan should have even more heat directed toward him: his nomination to head the CIA is truly
dangerous and should be opposed as strongly as possible—regardless of what happens to Hagel, the rabbit distraction.
- ‘Free at Last’: La. State Senator Explains Why He Recently Left the ‘Government Plantation’ & Joined GOP in Powerful Video 417 Comments
- Reporter Uses Logic of the Left’s Gun Control Argument to Stump Dem Rep. on Abortion 358 Comments
- Was Justice Roberts Intimidated Into Voting for ‘ObamaCare’? Senator Mike Lee Presents the Evidence 283 Comments
- ‘KKK-Type of Intimidation’: Kansas Sec. of State Targeted by Mob Asking Prosecutors to Consider Using ‘Klan Laws’ 256 Comments
- How Angry Would You Be if You and Your Family Got This Receipt from a Restaurant? 246 Comments
Find TheBlaze on your TV
TheBlaze is available on channel .
Spread the word!
If you can't find TheBlaze, please call to upgrade your package
Unfortunately, TheBlaze is not available on .
But you can help! Call at or press CONTINUE to email your provider and urge them to add TheBlaze to your channel lineup.
But you can help! Press CONTINUE to email your provider and urge them to add TheBlaze to your channel lineup.Continue
Please complete the form
Thank you for supporting TheBlaze
Interested in doing more? Spread the word about TheBlaze to your friends and family.
Spread the word!
- Michele Bachmann’s special message to ‘liberals’ – she’ll be here a long, long, long (she said it nine times) long time.
- If the Boston bomber is a ‘victim’ of gun violence…
- Check it out: ‘A Fresh Breath of Farm Air’ (a Fresh Prince parody)
- A picture is worth 1,000 words: How do you advertise morality?
- Video: Allen West talks 2016 primary challenge against Rubio
- House votes to cut food stamps by $2 billion
- Deen says she used slur but doesn't tolerate hate
- Jazz bring back former coach Sloan as consultant
- Few options for Brazil leader in face of protests
- Cat nurses orphaned pit bull puppy in Ohio
- Wooden beam could be detached part of shipwreck
- Bluebird Bio shares rocket higher in trading debut
- Spurs rely on togetherness to overcome collapse