© 2023 Blaze Media LLC. All rights reserved.
Men and women are different. Our culture likes to gloss over that difference, but it matters a great deal — especially when it comes to health and biology. To make another distinction: mothers have unique health needs beyond their status as “woman.” After you have a baby, addressing diastasis recti, improving functional strength, and losing post-pregnancy weight — the most fundamental health concerns for moms — requires a specialized approach. Here are four American fitness influencers who focus on postpartum fitness and can provide valuable guidance for mothers:
- Instagram: @ericaziel
- Description: Erica Ziel is a certified personal trainer and Pilates instructor who specializes in pre- and postnatal fitness. She provides targeted workouts for moms, including those addressing diastasis recti, and emphasizes the importance of core strength and pelvic floor health.
- Instagram: @jessiemundell
- Description: Jessie Mundell is a kinesiologist and postnatal fitness specialist. She focuses on helping moms regain strength and fitness after childbirth. Her workouts often target diastasis recti and pelvic floor issues, and she provides evidence-based information for postpartum health.
- Instagram: @sarahaleyfit
- Description: Sarah Haley is a fitness professional and mom who specializes in prenatal and postnatal fitness. She offers workout programs specifically designed for moms, including those addressing diastasis recti, and advocates for a holistic approach to postpartum well-being.
- Instagram: @lovesweatfitness
- YouTube: Love Sweat Fitness
- Description: Katie Dunlop is a certified personal trainer and the creator of "Love Sweat Fitness." While not exclusively focused on postpartum fitness, she has a series of post-pregnancy workouts and offers a supportive community for women working toward their fitness goals.
Remember to consult with a health care professional before starting any new fitness program, especially after pregnancy. Each woman's postpartum journey is unique, and these influencers can offer guidance. But personalized advice from health care providers is crucial for a safe and effective postpartum fitness experience.
Want to leave a tip?
We answer to you. Help keep our content free of advertisers and big tech censorship by leaving a tip today.
Managing Editor, Align
Matt Himes is the managing editor for Align.