They are the most powerful constituency in the country. Almost every politician and billionaire, every giant corporation, every lobbying shop, the entire legal profession, and the courts are doing everything they can on their behalf. They are illegal aliens, the so-called ‘Dreamers.’ Who is standing up for the forgotten man, the true undocumented constituency: the American dreamer?
Here is the proper context of the broader immigration issue that will be absent from the media coverage and the political posturing from the derelict politicians — the reality that the swamp political elites refuse to acknowledge.
- Illegal aliens account for 13.6 percent of all offenders sentenced for crimes committed in the United States, even though they only represent 3.5 percent of the population.
- Illegals account for 12 percent of murder sentences, 20 percent of kidnapping sentences, and 16 percent of drug-trafficking sentences.
- There are 2.1 million illegal and legal immigrants convicted of crimes, but 1.2 million criminal aliens remain at large in the United States and have not been deported. Remember, the prime demographic for violent crime is young males, broadly covered by the “dream” amnesty.
- As of 2013, it was estimated that there were 630,700 illegal aliens residing in Arizona (including American-born anchor babies), a population larger than the total population of any single colony at the time of our Founding. Over 10 percent of the state’s public school population is composed of illegal alien children. The Arizona Department of Corrections estimates that illegal aliens compose 17 percent of its prison population and 22 percent of all felony defendants in Maricopa County. When coupled with the fiscal strain of health care and incarceration, the total cost of illegal immigration is $2.4 billion a year.
- Overall, 87 percent of illegal immigrant families are on welfare.