The dumbassery is coming quicker now, the devolution accelerating. Last week was a banner week for the minions of hell. How do I loathe thee? Let me count the ways:
- A Virginia state delegate, Kathy Tran, introducing legislation for baby-killing up to and including during labor.
- The Virginia governor, Ralph Northam, who is also a doctor, following that up by inferring that post-birth infanticide is now on the table as morally justifiable.
- The Oregon governor pushing legislation in her state for compulsory government home visits upon a new baby being born.
- A Baltimore lesbian being kicked off an LGBT commission because she refused to refer to a male rapist as a “she."
- And yet another cross-dresser screaming at people who wouldn’t kiss their ring and call them the pronoun of their insane choice.
That last example happened at Alamo car rental. If that’s not a metaphor for certain death, I don’t know what is.
What a grotesque level of chaos over the fundamentals of human life. However, none of these were what punched me in the gut quite like this totally depraved juxtaposition in a headline from Life News: “New Jersey Protects Pregnant Cows”
The Romans 1 of it all hits like an avalanche. It is evil showing you not just the darkness unchecked, but the unbridled mockery of the light that is its soundtrack.
Such was the song of two pro-abortion lawmakers inspired by a pregnant cow that escaped from a truck destined for the slaughterhouse. That cow and its calf now live, I kid you not, in an animal sanctuary, and the bill would make it a crime to kill pregnant cows, punishable with a fine of up to $10,000 and up to 18 months in prison.
There's a golden calf joke in there somewhere.
Not to be outdone, I then found out that Kathy Tran herself – on the very same day she introduced her baby-killing bill – also submitted a bill to protect the lives of gypsy moths and canker-worms.
Lord. Have. Mercy.