Viewers likely didn't expect to see multimedia personality Glenn Beck in a black-and-white clip, dressed in a trench coat and a fedora, when they tuned in to his 5 p.m. television show on Tuesday. But then again, he's never been known to do what's expected.
Beck began with a discussion of the new myRA proposal unveiled by President Obama during his State of the Union address last week, before saying "it is so beyond ridiculous that I think that even if it were in an old cheesy movie, you wouldn't buy the storyline."
That's when the lights shifted to black-and-white, and a "dame" in a costume ran over to light a cigarette for Beck. The television host adopted a deep, old-fashioned voice, and began weaving an elaborate story paralleling what he believes will be the eventual outcome of the myRA accounts.
"It was 5 o'clock on a dreary Tuesday. Lucky's day of hustle and bustle and action were long gone," Beck said. "All that was left was a handful of desperate vagabonds looking to hit it big, and a legless prostitute ... It was a sorry sight."
But Beck, continuing the parody, said "today was different." A man named Sam had walked in with a "deal that couldn't be refused." Sam had a machine called "Miss MyRA" that would "turn this dump around."
"I'll be the son of a one-eyed poodle if Lucky didn't grab that pen..." Beck remarked.
Watch the clip below to learn "Lucky's" fate, and to appreciate the segment in its entirety:
The full episode of The Glenn Beck Program, along with many other live streaming shows and thousands of hours of on-demand content, is available on just about any digital device. Get it all with a FREE TRIAL.
Other Must-Read Stories:
- Obama Announces a New Program That Requires No Congressional Approval: Here’s What You Need to Know
- How Obamacare Has Changed One Family’s Situation to ‘It’s Either Eat or Buy Health Insurance’
- Glenn Beck Slams New Obama Initiative as ‘The Biggest Heist in Human History’
- The Sneaky Way the Obamacare Website Is Underquoting Insurance Rates (and It Was a Mainstream Media Outlet That Caught It)
- Is This the Alarming Reason Kathleen Sebelius Hasn’t Been Fired?