Accusations Against OPSEC Are Slanderous
The former special operations and intelligence community members who have formed the OPSEC (Operational Security) group have become a national news story for their recently released video railing against classified leaks. Speaking out has already found the group under assault from some in the media.
As former SEALS, Special Forces, Delta Force, and CIA officers, the men behind OPSEC collectively possess tremendous hands-on knowledge and perspective on what kind of information needs to be kept secret. Their 22-minute long video– “Dishonorable Disclosures” catalogues exactly why the recent spate of national security leaks place us all in jeopardy– and most particularly those who are on the front lines fighting for our freedoms abroad. Those behind OPSEC make a clear case that it is political motivations from the White House behind the release of highly sensitive information under the Obama administration’s tenure.
And that, unfortunately, has become the real sin in the eyes of some in the media. An article in the Los Angeles Times today slams the former servicemen and intelligence professionals of OPSEC as “former speakers,” insinuating that because these men are willing to speak to the media and share their opinions, they too are somehow guilty of classified leaks. They also liken the OPSEC group to “Swift Boat Veterans for Truth,” which the men of OPSEC categorically reject because they believe their message should cross political lines.
The accusations against the men of OPSEC are slanderous, and a sign of desperation from the Obama campaign. But they are also highly illuminating about the motivations and intent of the Obama administration as the election approaches.
Tonight on ‘Real News From The Blaze’ at 6PM, we will kick off the show with former Navy Seal Brandon Webb, and myself, Buck Sexton, a former CIA Counterterrorism Officer. We will approach this issue from our respective former disciplines– clandestine military operator and intelligence officer– to break down what is really at stake in this now very public fight over the leaks and who is responsible for them.
Brandon and I will lead a discussion with the Real News panel that will get to the core of the national security risks and political motivations at play here.
We will tackle the following, and more:
- What is at stake with the major national security disclosures that have occurred under President Barack Obama’s watch?
- Are there clear indications that partisan politics– namely the desire to keep a Democrat in the White House– are behind these leaks as opposed to leaks during previous administrations?
- Why would the media impugn decorated military and intelligence officers with false attacks such as the LA Times article?
- Do former clandestine warriors and intelligence operatives have an obligation to the Constitution and the American people to speak out despite previously living the life of a quiet professional because of the severity and consistency of these leaks?
You won’t want to miss it. We are hitting this issue hard tonight to get at the truth, at 6PM, only on GBTV.
- Why Were DHS Agents Seemingly Monitoring Multiple Tea Party IRS Protests Across the Country on Tuesday? 434 Comments
- Confusion Erupts in IRS Hearing After Lois Lerner Tries to Plead the 5th — Watch It All Unfold 404 Comments
- Shock Video Surfaces: Meat Cleaver-Wielding Man Shouts ‘You People Will Never Be Safe!’ Moments After Gruesome London Attack 321 Comments
- CNN’s Wolf Blitzer Has Awkward Moment With Okla. Tornado Survivor After Asking If She ‘Thanked the Lord’ 318 Comments
- More Than $1 Million Raised Through Mercury One for Oklahoma Tornado Relief 266 Comments
- ‘Unbelievable’: Apparent Thief Leaves $140 & Apology Note on Family’s Doorstep — Find Out Why Read More
- Anti-Gay Bias or Fair Punishment? New Details Emerge About High School Student’s Lesbian Relationship With a Minor Read More
- Comedian’s New Anti-Muhammad Video Excoriates Islamic Prophet, Juxtaposes Him with Jesus: ‘Very Wrong and Twisted’ 124 Comments
- Teacher Admits She ‘Prayed Out Loud’ During Violent Tornado: ‘I Did the Teacher Thing that We’re Probably Not Supposed to Do’ 118 Comments
- Farrakhan Talks of ‘Satanic Jews’ and ‘Synagogue of Satan’ at Detroit Church Speech — but Wait Until You Hear Who Was in Attendance 229 Comments
- Foreign Banks Operating on U.S. Soil Have Just Set a Record Read More
- The Tense Exchange Between Rep. Trey Gowdy and the Former IRS Head You’ve Been Waiting for…and It Doesn’t Disappoint 237 Comments
- Report: No IRS Workers Have Been Disciplined & Union Says It Hasn’t Been Contacted on Personnel Read More
- Ex-Cincinnati IRS Manager: This Was Not the Work of ‘Low-Level’ Employees Read More
- China Sets off What Could Be the World’s Longest Demolition Read More
- The Incredible Role Facebook Played in the Aftermath of Devastating Okla. Tornado Read More
- Tech Company Demonstrates Remote Disabling of a ‘Smart Gun’ 114 Comments
- Meet the Blind Man Nicknamed ‘Midnight Gunslinger’ Who Has 80% Shot Accuracy Read More
- How a $4.5 Million Network of 181 Sirens Helped Save Lives in Oklahoma Twister Read More
- See the Record-Setting Python a Man Caught With His Bare Hands (and Guess How Much It Weighed) Read More
- Weiner launches comeback bid to become NYC mayor
- Broke no laws, IRS official says _ then takes 5th
- Okla. tornado damage: Thousands of homes, $1.5-$2B
- Zach Johnson always feels good at Colonial
- Tesla uses stock, note sale to repay government
- Arias jury deadlocked but must keep deliberating
- In Arias trial, TV cameras never far behind
- Inaugural tournament cut to 54 holes