Weaned on Hate: Why Morsi Means What He Says About Israel
In today’s day and age where double standards reign supreme, Israel perpetually finds itself on the receiving end of criticism and condemnation above and beyond what any other world democracy (and, if we look to the UN’s member-states, a good portion of the world’s dictatorships) has ever had to endure. Indeed, the Jewish State is on the defensive, forever being expected to prove herself and explain why she has the right to exist. The frightening part is that the provocateurs from which Israel defends itself are not only Islamists bent on its destruction, but also Westerners whose worldview is mired in moral relativism, guided by propaganda, and crippled by the misguided notion of political correctness.
All is not lost, however, and the good can still prevail, but it requires a certain resolve and fortitude of spine to stand up and resist the real and present dangers at play.
Take, for instance, the Muslim Brotherhood. From the nascent stage of the Arab Spring the group was characterized by many, including National Intelligence Director James Clapper, as a largely moderate, “secular” organization. Of course the term secular is laughable considering the Islamist group’s very moniker bears the word “Muslim.” It is doubly so considering the it is also the grandfather of all jihadist groups including but not limited to al Qaeda, Hamas and Hezbollah.
But alas, the Brotherhood, which allegedly sought to usher in a new era of democracy and tolerance in the Middle East, succeeded in staking its claim across much of the region: Egypt elected Muslim Brotherhood leader Mohammad Morsi to be the country’s president; Muammar Gadhafi was ousted in Libya only to be replaced by Brotherhood progeny, al Qaeda; and Brotherhood proxies are circling Assad’s Syria and King Abdullah’s Jordan like a vulture. This is all bad news for the West and worse news for Israel.
It is no mystery that since his ascension, Morsi has already put an unsettling frost over what was once a cool peace between Israel and Egypt. It is no mystery that his spiritual adviser, imam Yousef al Qaradawi is a rabid anti-Semite, and it is no mystery that Morsi is rumored to be soon coming to the White House for a meeting with the upper echelons of American government.
This is the same Morsi who in 2010 referred to Jews as “bloodsuckers” and “descendants of apes and pigs” and encouraged his fellow Arab nationalists at home to “nurse” their progeny on Jew-hatred as a means to furthering the destruction of the Jewish State.
“We must never forget, brothers, to nurse our children and our grandchildren on hatred for them: for Zionists, for Jews,” Morsi declared in a speech that is now making its rounds across the Internet. “[Egyptian children] must feed on hatred; hatred must continue…the hatred must go on for Allah and as a form of worshiping him.”
While some of Morsi’s past remarks concerning the Palestinian struggle against their Zionist “oppressors” came to light early on, the particular speech featured below has only recently reached the mainstream, prompting the White House to issue a swift and strong condemnation Tuesday.
“The language that we have seen is deeply offensive,” said White House press secretary Jay Carney. “We completely reject these statements, as we do any language that espouses religious hatred….This kind of discourse has been acceptable in the region for far too long, and is counter to the goal of peace.”
Of course the Egyptian president has maintained that he “respects” people of all walks, even people of Jewish faith — doublespeak that is nothing out of the ordinary for Islamists and their ilk.
So why is the fact that Morsi has been fomenting hatred of Jewish people among the countrymen he now leads a revelation? Well, for one, it isn’t. Anyone who has followed the Muslim Brotherhood knows that Morsi’s vitriolic comments and world view are entirely genuine and completely in line with the Brotherhood manifesto, which is, not coincidentally, equally in sync with all Islamist ideology.
That is why an Israeli-Palestinian two-state solution is a nonstarter. Morsi and his compatriots may talk a good game, acting like a champions of their disenfranchised red-headed stepchildren living in Gaza and Judea and Samaria, but the truth is, they do not want the Palestinians living alongside Israelis in peace because the “plight” of struggling for a state serves too great a purpose: it gives Islamists an excuse to fight Israel to the death until only one (in their minds, the Palestinians) is left standing. That is why, if it were up to Morsi, or Assad, or any member of the family-tree, they would never absorb the Palestinians into their own country. And indeed, when they had the chance to in 1948, they flat-out refused.
Consider the following excerpt from the Dutch newspaper Trouw published in 1977. Not only n an interview, Palestine Liberation Organization executive committee member Zahir Muhsein was quoted as saying:
Between Jordanians, Palestinians, Syrians and Lebanese there are no differences. We are all part of ONE people, the Arab nation. Look, I have family members with Palestinian, Lebanese, Jordanian and Syrian citizenship. We are ONE people. Just for political reasons we carefully underwrite our Palestinian identity. Because it is of national interest for the Arabs to advocate the existence of Palestinians to balance Zionism. Yes, the existence of a separate Palestinian identity exists only for tactical reasons. The establishment of a Palestinian state is a new tool to continue the fight against Israel and for Arab unity.A separate Palestinian entity needs to fight for the national interest in the then remaining occupied territories. The Jordanian government cannot speak for Palestinians in Israel, Lebanon or Syria. Jordan is a state with specific borders. It cannot lay claim on – for instance – Haifa or Jaffa, while I AM entitled to Haifa, Jaffa, Jerusalem en Beersheba. Jordan can only speak for Jordanians and the Palestinians in Jordan. The Palestinian state would be entitled to represent all Palestinians in the Arab world en elsewhere. Once we have accomplished all of our rights in all of Palestine, we shouldn’t postpone the unification of Jordan and Palestine for one second.
PLO leader Yasser Arafat confirmed Arab nationalist’s true intentions, which of course had naught to do with two neighbors living side-by-side in peace:
Since we cannot defeat Israel in war, we do this in stages. We take any and every territory that we can of Palestine, and establish a sovereignty there, and we use it as a springboard to take more. When the time comes, we can get the Arab nations to join us for the final blow against Israel.[...] We plan to eliminate the state of Israel and establish a purely Palestinian state. We will make life unbearable for Jews by psychological warfare and population explosion. . . . We Palestinians will take over everything, including all of Jerusalem.”Peace for us means the destruction of Israel. We are preparing for an all-out war, a war which will last for generations.”
Of course some might argue that Arafat, was, well, Arafat, whereas Morsi and this new contingent of Islamists seem so much more reasonable. That is precisely what makes them infinitely more dangerous than our favorite Nobel Peace Prize recipient. The times may change, and so too may the language or tone of voice, but the core beliefs and intentions remain the same, whether they emanate from a leader of the Muslim Brotherhood, an Iranian president, or the terrorist mastermind of al Qaeda.
Golda Meir once said that there would only be peace in the Middle East “when Arabs learn to love their children more than they hate Israel.”
Whether simply pawns in the game of Arab nationalism or made wretched by their own inherent malignancy, the Palestinians and their benefactors lost touch with their humanity too long ago. The last I checked, Islamic children are still being weaned on hate, swaddled in explosives and sent to their martyrdom.
Below is audio of Morsi’s speech juxtaposed with a recent interview conducted by Eliot Spitzer. The entire Arabic to English translation for Morsi’s speech is not yet available except for the excerpt cited above in which he calls on his fellow countrymen to “nurse children and grandchildren on hatred.”
- ‘Bigoted, Religious [Zealots]‘: High School Senior Allegedly Expelled, Charged With Felonies Over Gay Relationship With ‘Consenting’ Fellow Student 1,037 Comments
- ‘The Daily Show’ Creator Makes Outrageously Offensive Anti-Conservative Joke About Okla. Tornado 462 Comments
- Washington Times Writer: Fox News Scandal Goes ‘Much Deeper,’ W.H. Sitting on Something Top Obama Aides ‘Terrified’ About 437 Comments
- University Will Investigate Christian Professor’s Intelligent Design Class Following Atheist Furor 313 Comments
- See the First Behind-the-Scenes Photos as Beck and Mercury One Survey the Damage in Okla. 252 Comments
- ‘Death! You F**k!’: Bat Mitzvah Chaperone Unleashes Explosive, Profanity-Laced Tirade Against Kids Over Candy-Throwing Incident Read More
- How Can God Let Tragedies Like the Okla. Tornado Exist? Pastors Weigh In 157 Comments
- Is This Video of Pope Francis Performing an Exorcism? Read More
- Boston Cardinal Snubs Irish PM Over Abortion Support Read More
- Incredible: The Moment a Woman’s Dog Emerges from Rubble During TV Interview Right After She Describes Losing Him 227 Comments
- China Sets off What Could Be the World’s Longest Demolition Read More
- Here are the 5 Most Interesting Moments from Tuesday’s Hearing on the IRS Scandal 110 Comments
- Jay Carney Shifts IRS Timeline (Again!) 101 Comments
- Top IRS Official at Center of Political Targeting Scandal Will Plead the Fifth 134 Comments
- Disgraced IRS Interim Chief Now Fully Admits Knowledge of Planted Question (but Did It Reveal a Past Half-Truth?) Read More
- The Incredible Role Facebook Played in the Aftermath of Devastating Okla. Tornado Read More
- Tech Company Demonstrates Remote Disabling of a ‘Smart Gun’ Read More
- Meet the Blind Man Nicknamed ‘Midnight Gunslinger’ Who Has 80% Shot Accuracy Read More
- How a $4.5 Million Network of 181 Sirens Helped Save Lives in Oklahoma Twister Read More
- See the Record-Setting Python a Man Caught With His Bare Hands (and Guess How Much It Weighed) Read More
- Sony mulls hedge fund's entertainment sale idea
- Under scrutiny, Va. gov's mansion a dichotomy
- Arias speaks out about case in jailhouse interview
- 7 Egyptian security men kidnapped in Sinai freed
- Garcetti builds growing lead as LA picks new mayor
- Iran's Ahmadinejad denounces election decision
- 600 police photos of Tucson rampage scene released
- Chinese premier begins 2-day visit to Pakistan